Trying to move to lille - looking for accomodation

Hi everyone, i'm André Azevedo, Portuguese, and i'm trying to make a turnover in my life by trying to go work and live in lille, France. i choosed lille cause i've already been there and loved it. also, i'm currently aware of some job offers in the area. also, i'm fluent in english, french (and portuguese, obviously) and already lived in france as a foraign exchange student for some months.

the big problem is that i don't really know lots of people there, so for the first times it would be difficult to find were to live, as, even if you have a job, in the very beginning you don't have a way to rent a room till the end of that month, and in France you always have to pay in advance...

so i was looking for someone who would be able to let me crash in the couch for some time, in order to help me settle in Lille.

MERCI D'ABBORD! :)

Hello André Azevedo.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe you could post an advert in the Community section (Couchsurfing) in the Lille classifieds. It might help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Wow, I realise that this is 6 years later but it hasn't gotten any better, has it? All the "couches" are in Paris if even there.  The best I could do was to fill out the application online for 'logement social' beforehand and just WAIT.