Looking for a 2 month rental in LA (2 persons)

Hi,

A friend and I are looking to spend two months in L.A. to search for jobs to hopefully eventually live there fulltime.
I was hoping someone could give me some info on the best places to look. Most of the pages I'm finding offer very expensive apartments, and we haven't got that much money to spend.

Thank you in advance.

Lisa

Hello Lisa.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Housing in Los Angeles section could help. You can post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Los Angeles is a very large city in a very expensive state.  The cheapest places are not going to be in nice areas.  The nicer areas are going to be very expensive.

Thank you for your help. :-)

Lisa,
I am sure you can find some decent offers on craigslist. Look in the "rooms/shared" section. If you plan on having a car, then it doesn't really matter which area you will live. San Fernando Valley (SF Valley) is definitely a cheaper area. Hollywood is your other choice.
Westside is the nicest one, but it does come at higher rates :)
Good luck with your search!

Thank you for your help. I just started looking on Craigslist recently. I will definitely look into places in San Fernando Valley and Hollywood. :-)

Hi Lisa!
You can check the easyroommate.com/ .  Good luck!

Grace

Where are you from and when do you plan on coming here? Los Angeles is a ginormous city.  Rents are very expensive unless you find someone that can rent you a room.  [Moderated: please post in the Rooms for rent in Los Angeles section]

I think the 2 months probably expired a long time ago.

Oh okay thanks, lol