Do you think love is more important than respect in the relationship

Do you think love is more important than respect in the relationship

I think trust is the most important issue in an  relationship.
If there is no trust there will be no bases for an relationship.
Ofcourse love and respect is also important: you can love and respect your partner but when there is no trust, your relation will be ended somehow.

A relationship consists of three equal and inseparable parts - emotion (love), trust and respect. Without any one of the a relationship simply does not exist.

Love is fundamental, it's not passion. Passion is a feeling in the general vicinity of the undershorts and lasts only a little while.

Trust, well one must trust their partner and also trust themselves. This trust must be earned by both partners and it should never be something given blindly.

Respect must be mutual also; and again one must also respect oneself. Respect must be deserved and it is earned by showing respect to others and demonstrating you are worthy of respect yourself.

It's a difficult balance to achieve, but if you are successful the end result is worth all the effort. I know this from personal experience. I'm one of the fortunate few who has found that balance.

You can't have love without respect.

When there is open communication; respect for each other's views develop and that in turn, strengthens love. Love kinda sits on the top of pyramid of various steps to a relationship.

It won't be called " love" if there's no "respect" .

Mutual respect is the basis of any relation!

I cant love a person, that I dont respect.

Respect is the foundation for any kind of any relation.

kind regars

Love is the foundation of every good relationship.Love is very important but respect also counts a lot.A love without respect is loveless.Mattade

Respect is the foundation for a loving relationship.

respect.
i believe that love isn't eternal.

Respect is a difficult thing to hang on to,  for the human condition is such that we look for, and remember faults which slowly lowers the respect one as for another.  Humans expect perfection in character,  and when one is not perfect,  respect slowly melts away.

Well I would choose respect and then love because have to respect the one we love.

So you have NO expectations of your partner,  you will accept any behavior as acceptable?

And the more unacceptable your partners behavior is,  the more you respect them?  I think NOT

Don

love without respect is lust.

The definition of lust is a strong sexual desire.   Can you have a strong sexual desire for some you love?

If yes,  then love without respect is NOT lust,  it is disrespect and CANNOT be  called love, because respect is a component  of love

love and respect should go hand in hand. Just like husband and wife, love is the significant other of respect, and vise versa. Just as both are important to be present in a relationship because if one is gone, then such a relationship is futile.

I totally agree with you.

Without respect how can you love

Love can grow out of TRUST and RESPECT, but trust and respect don't grow out of love since they are the basis for that emotion. If you don't already trust and respect the person then is just isn't love.

We can trust and respect people we don't love.... we all have people we trust and respect.

We can't really love somebody we don't respect and trust. Even if that somebody happens to be ourselves.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Love and Respect are both important in a relationship. It won't prosper with either one of it missing. they come in hand in hand. You can't love without respect. :) Well, that's just my opinion. :)

love is respect and respect is love......:)

wery well put

Young men hand out love to get sex;
Young women hand out sex to get love.

Not sure where respect fits in there.
Maybe later when the experiment works out against all odds. :cool:

Well I don't know what women you are mixing with . But clearly they are in the minority . Women  do not give sex to get love . We are naturally loveable creatures .. But thanks for showing your lack of respect for the fairer sex . We ladies would not dream of insulting a man with those words .. Why ? Because we have RESPECT for the opposite sex ...

i agree with you.i would just add one more thing, good communication with each other is the key to  a better relationship also.

No dear,
Respect comes always first, as as love start with good relationship

Respect and trust are both different things. you can trust or respect some one with allots of res ion, it doesn't mean that you love that person.

wjwoodward wrote:

Love can grow out of TRUST and RESPECT, but trust and respect don't grow out of love since they are the basis for that emotion. If you don't already trust and respect the person then is just isn't love.

We can trust and respect people we don't love.... we all have people we trust and respect.

We can't really love somebody we don't respect and trust. Even if that somebody happens to be ourselves.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Bottom line is..

"The more the money... the most will be the love" :lol:

Respect is above all. When there's no respect, then there's no love.

Without respect there can be no love so its a strange question for me

Respect is more important than love,how can you love someone if you dont respect him/her, in able to love someone we must learn to respect and trust him/ her..

I totally agree with you.  For any kind of relationship give respect and take respect.

Without respect there is no love ...Except and respect each other as you are ...no love without respect ...only my opinion .

yes love is important in our relationship so becuse of this u should respect that...

Love covers a multitude of sin,I think love being a very strong emotion doesnt consider much we just love!

Well said .

I think love and respect should go together. Your partner wont feel being loved if you cannot respect him or her. And if there are things that caused you lose your respect to her or him yet you still love your partner then maybe a simple conversation about the problem will do. It is a good thing to rebuke your partner when he or she is doing acts not worthy of respect and by that rebuke you just showed to your partner how you love him or her.

Respect is more important in any relation.... LOVE, Family etc

In any relationship trust and sincerity is most important and make relations more strong. Yes Love is also important but if you respect than.

I believe love and respect should go hand in hand for any relationship to work.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR