Coming To Sudan

Hi All,

You may call me Tia.

I'm planning to come to Sudan ( Khartoum ) for about 10days to 2weeks around early of next year.

Really appreciate if I could be assisted/advised on below concerns:

1) Where & How can I find a very reasonable price with OK facility for accommodation ( 10days - 2weeks ) It would only be for two person. My budget would be around $400-$600 for that 10days/2weeks

2) I've once been to Khartoum but that was like few years ago. At that time I managed to obtain Local Sudan Driving License. Unfortunately I've lost it and I DO think it has passed its validity (5yrs). So, what & how to go about ? Can I just use my country license while on this short visit or should I obtain NEW or just go for a RENEWAL ?

3) Last time for us Malaysian, we dont need to get visa to enter Sudan. (wonder how is it now). But we still need to do the 3days registration upon arrival. I'm quite worried because the other person just came back from visiting Aqsa and had Israel Stamp on the passport. Would this be a problem ?

4) Which/What Telcos should I choose for calls & internet data usage ? How much approximately the rate ?

Thanking all of you in advance !
Oh..and perhaps to see you there ~~

1) Which neighborhood will you be taking care of business?

2) You can drive on an international driving license.

3) Malaysians can get 1 month visa upon arrival for $100, and must register within 3 days for 210 SDG.

However, you must be arriving from Malaysia, you cannot embark from another country to Sudan and get the view upon arrival.

Also, an Israeli stamp is a BIG problem. You will be denied entry ..... and even if the officer doesn't notice it, during registration they will find out and you will be in BIG trouble. Get a new passport.

4) MTN has the cheapest rate for local/international, Sudani has the best Internet service.

NFtia wrote:

Hi All,

You may call me Tia.

I'm planning to come to Sudan ( Khartoum ) for about 10days to 2weeks around early of next year.

Really appreciate if I could be assisted/advised on below concerns:

1) Where & How can I find a very reasonable price with OK facility for accommodation ( 10days - 2weeks ) It would only be for two person. My budget would be around $400-$600 for that 10days/2weeks

2) I've once been to Khartoum but that was like few years ago. At that time I managed to obtain Local Sudan Driving License. Unfortunately I've lost it and I DO think it has passed its validity (5yrs). So, what & how to go about ? Can I just use my country license while on this short visit or should I obtain NEW or just go for a RENEWAL ?

3) Last time for us Malaysian, we dont need to get visa to enter Sudan. (wonder how is it now). But we still need to do the 3days registration upon arrival. I'm quite worried because the other person just came back from visiting Aqsa and had Israel Stamp on the passport. Would this be a problem ?

4) Which/What Telcos should I choose for calls & internet data usage ? How much approximately the rate ?

Thanking all of you in advance !
Oh..and perhaps to see you there ~~

The Egyptian,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

1) I am coming to survey the place for the business. But last time, I was based in El-Emarat. I dont know if it is now still the business district or other area is emerging. But I'm thinking somewhere around Arkaweet/Assahafa/Mohd Nageeb St./El-Amarat/Riyadh. Somewhere nearby to airport. Not too crowded/busy yet not too far away like Haj Yousef/Omdurman/Bahri.

2) I have Malaysia Driving License only at the moment, not the International Driving License. Will it be suffice ? And as mentioned previously...should I get my Sudan Driving License Renewed ? (If it is possible and if they still keep my data in their record...wonder)

3)Thanks. I should advise the other person to get a new passport then so not to face problem in future.

4) What about Zain ? Sudani is good on Internet Services, what about calls?

Appreciate the assistance !

1) Emarat is good ...... Riyadh and Taif are also nice.

2) No it will not suffice. You need an International Driver's license. Check in Malaysia where and how to get it (usually you have to present your local license, pay a fee and get it quickly).

No idea about renewing a Sudanese license.

3) Yes. You both need passports WITHOUT Israeli stamps

4) Zain is the most expensive for calls, and Internet is also more expensive than Sudani and MTN . Sudani is also cheap, but MTN has the cheapest rate for International calls.

NFtia wrote:

The Egyptian,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

1) I am coming to survey the place for the business. But last time, I was based in El-Emarat. I dont know if it is now still the business district or other area is emerging. But I'm thinking somewhere around Arkaweet/Assahafa/Mohd Nageeb St./El-Amarat/Riyadh. Somewhere nearby to airport. Not too crowded/busy yet not too far away like Haj Yousef/Omdurman/Bahri.

2) I have Malaysia Driving License only at the moment, not the International Driving License. Will it be suffice ? And as mentioned previously...should I get my Sudan Driving License Renewed ? (If it is possible and if they still keep my data in their record...wonder)

3)Thanks. I should advise the other person to get a new passport then so not to face problem in future.

4) What about Zain ? Sudani is good on Internet Services, what about calls?

Appreciate the assistance !

Thanks again The Egyptian.

Will check into the International Driving License here and Passport wise.

And for the telcos, i guess we could get both MTN and Sudani since there would be the two of us there.

Regards to the accommodation, do you have a place in mind ( name, P.I.C & Contact No ) that I could liaise with ?

I've browsed for hotels, nice but quite expensive. Well, I intend to minimise the expenses as much as I could while i'm there. But if the place & the price are comparatively reasonable I wont mind.

What I'm looking for is a good bed I could sleep on at night and good condition of bathroom. Clean & Neat. Doesn't Necessarily luxurious.

Do advise me.... Thanks

[email protected]

@Doni211 -> Can you please introduce yourself? :/

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Tia,

1) Accomadation is not an issue. For your stay, i can provide a 3 bedroom apartment in a location, that is next to bashir elnefiedi street (street 60), and nasr eldeen medical college.

2) As for you license, if you cannot obtain an international one from malaysia, you can have your license reissued from the kht traffic police, dont worry (they keep their database, if u have already issued one). I can help u with that.

3) upon your arrival at the airport, you ma issue your visa, cant tell u the exact figures, but around 100$.  Im guessing your friend is not sudanese, so Israel is not an issue.

4) As for telecommunication, i prefer to use Zain, because everyone uses it, making the rate cheaper for local calls(zain to zain). Their internet is the fastest and most reliable, it also makes a difference which region your in, the areas of riyadh, taif and manshiya ( most of khartoum) have very strong zain coverage.

Anyways, hope this information was useful to you, please PM me for any other details you need, and i hope your stay in sudan will be a great one.

Ammar