Undergraduate Scholarships in the USA

Hello fellow members,

Hi. My names are Grace Maingi, a 23 year old female undergraduate from Nairobi, Kenya. Until 2008, I was a first year student taking a degree in Bachelor of Science at a public university in Kenya..but, due to circumstances beyond my control, I was forced to drop out of uni to allow for my 4 other siblings to pursue their elementary and high school education, with the hope of finishing mine sometime soon. I have been fortunate to be granted acceptance letters to two schools in the USA namely Union College (Nebraska) and Southern New Hampshire University (NH). Unfortunately, I am unable to raise enough funds to be granted an I-20 thus declaring me unable to travel to the USA on an F1 Visa. Applications for scholarships are rather futile as most (if not all) are applicable to International students residing in the US.

So here goes my questions: Are there any scholarships (need and/or merit-based) that cater to international students living out of the US? And if so, what is the application process and criteria?

Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Grace.

http://www.collegegrants.org/internatio … rants.html

what about fulbright ?

do the schools themselves not have any special programs? I know my undergraduate institution in the USA had several alum-funded scholarships for people like you.

Thank you for your replies.

Unfortunately both institutions (Union College & SNHU) are private and thereby require one to be on the ground (i.e. in the US) for an international student to be considered for any scholarship whatsoever.

Grace

Most schools have their own programs, the federal government has a bunch of programs, some states have programs and there are special programs for foreign students.  It's all there if you're willing to look around.