Trains/bus Venice to Trento

I'm traveling from Venice (marco polo airport) to Trento on December 24th.  Should I book a train online or do you think I will be fine without a reservation.   Also, are there any bus lines from Venice to Trento (and running around xmas)?  Whats my best bet?

Hi !

I'm from Trento but I'm living in Venice and I frequently move between the two cities. I've always bought my ticket at the rail station without any problems (If you purchase the ticket in the reail station remember to put your ticket in the small yellow box, the "obliteratrice"). 

There aren't high speed trains directly linking Venice and Trento so you don't need reservation. With a first quick train you'll get to Verona where you have to change train and use a slow one used mainly by commuters.

Anyway you can purchase your ticket on the official website trenitalia.it (there's the english version as well). In this way you can be 99 % certain there is a train for you that day.

I've never used a bus for going to Trento.

Have a safe trip !

Ciao

Paolo

Hi !
You will find that I am a new expat in Trento since October 2012 only but we learned stuff...

I would also check the OBB trains - the prices I believe are cheaper. I was told that you can,even, pay on board if you wish...

Check here -> oebb.at/en/index.jsp

And have a Happy Holiday in our newly adopted city