Laptop from the US to Ecuador

Hey folks,

I'm needing to have a laptop sent to me from the US to Quito, wondering if anyone has any experience on posting this kind of item re getting it through customs, any fees ...etc?

Or if someone is flying from the US to Ecuador anytime soon, and would be willing to chat about bring a laptop with them for a reasonable fee?

Cheers,
Dave

Hello Dave.

Maybe you could post an advert in the Community section in the Quito classifieds. It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Fedex delivers to home address.

Hello,

My name is Darin and we are missionaries living here in Los Chillos. We are about 45 minutes from Quito. We are going to the states from 12/13 until Jan 10th. If you can wait that long we can bring you a computer back with us.
Darin

Dave there are companies that will do this for you for a fee, my friend bought a laptop from the States last year that way but I don't know the names, I can find out if you want .

The legal limit is two or less,at or under $400 value and 4 kilos weight. More than that and they can take it but more often just add taxes and duties to it. No matter what be sure to have your receipt with you, or they'll assess it at a much higher price. Same with cellphones.
Dr. Bill

Q:  Will my laptop computer work in another country?  My DVD player?

A:  Your laptop computer will work anywhere as all laptops' AC cords should work with 110V and 220V electrical systems.  Ecuador and most Central and South American countries use the U.S. type plug.

Every DVD player is programmed to play DVDs from particular zones.  Unless you have a multi-zone player in the U.S., leave it behind and buy a new unit in your new country after arrival there.

Source:  Live and Invest Overseas