Good food in Nairobi

Hello good people,

Where are some really good places to eat here? So far, the only place where I have had really good food was Sierra, excellent steaks.

So, any suggestions? Any type of food, doesn't matter, just want to hear personal experiences instead of googling it.

thanks

According to today's Business Daily the places for fine dining in Nairobi are, Seven Seas Food and Grill at ABC Place, The Artisan Restaurant at Sankara, Thai Chi Restaurant at the Sarova Stanley, Eagle's Bar and Grill at Ole Sereni, Slim Restaurant on Lenana Road and Brew Bistro on Ngong Road.

Relish Restaurant Victoria Plazza , Westlands, indian food, cheap and good, also service is good!

Wawuda wrote:

According to today's Business Daily the places for fine dining in Nairobi are, Seven Seas Food and Grill at ABC Place, The Artisan Restaurant at Sankara, Thai Chi Restaurant at the Sarova Stanley, Eagle's Bar and Grill at Ole Sereni, Slim Restaurant on Lenana Road and Brew Bistro on Ngong Road.

That's quite a few :) Thanks, I will make sure to check them out!

amandina wrote:

Relish Restaurant Victoria Plazza , Westlands, indian food, cheap and good, also service is good!

I haven't had Indian food in a while, so I will go there soon, thanks.

for good indian food just go to BarBQ Tonight, T-MALL westlands, opposite Uchumi. Nice Indian Buffet just for 1200Kes/- Or LalQila restaurant, nakumatt hiredge, Near diamond plaza. Indian Buffet 1200Kes/- You would love the food for sure.

No buffets please, I have had a bad experience with them in Kenya so far

you mean bad experience with indian buffets or kenyan buffets ???

suribhai wrote:

you mean bad experience with indian buffets or kenyan buffets ???

Just buffets in general in Kenya, not a specific cuisine.

maria adewa wrote:

try osteria del chianti.they have nice italian cuisines and the ambience is superb

finally an italian place :D thank you, i will check this one out first

just try once BarBq Tonight and LalQila, they have the best food and cheaper...

Hi

Pretty good sushi at Furusato in Westlands, Zen Garden on lower Kabete is also great

I also like the dinner at Le Rustique in Westlands but they only have it once a week on Wednesdays and the menu changes every week (check out the web site). It's always fully booked so make a reservation

When I have a craving for pasta I go to Mediterraneo, they have one on UN Avenue in Gigiri and one at the junction mall on Ngong road

The resturant at the Tribe hotel in Village Market is not too shabby either

-K

KarriK wrote:

Hi

Pretty good sushi at Furusato in Westlands, Zen Garden on lower Kabete is also great

I also like the dinner at Le Rustique in Westlands but they only have it once a week on Wednesdays and the menu changes every week (check out the web site). It's always fully booked so make a reservation

When I have a craving for pasta I go to Mediterraneo, they have one on UN Avenue in Gigiri and one at the junction mall on Ngong road

The resturant at the Tribe hotel in Village Market is not too shabby either

-K

Been to Furusato a few times, I love it! I am planning to visit Zen garden soon, i heard it is good.

I have to disagree with you about Le Rustique though. I have been there twice last year and it was horrible, we ordered about 5 different things each time and they were all bad. Their ever-changing menu means that if you once stumble upon a good dish there, you will probably never see it again. They are also unwilling to be flexible in terms of adding/ taking away certain things to your dish. Swore to never go back there again.

Having breakfst/brunch at Tribe is one of the nicest I have had in Kenya so far.

I agree with you about Le Rustique. I believed Tribe is very expensive but semms it's not??

It is a bit pricey,but I would not call it very expensive. It is worth it anyway,their food is very very nice.

Carnival in Langata off Langata Road

Kosewes also called Ranalo food for great Kenyan food in town near Nation Center in the City Center.

Try the Rib i Grillz at Prestige Mall, Ngong Road.  The steaks are to die for. I had the T Bone steak and it was superb. It is a small  place but has great food. The even run a beer promo which is very unique.  Try them out.

s cube wrote:

Try the Rib i Grillz at Prestige Mall, Ngong Road.  The steaks are to die for. I had the T Bone steak and it was superb. It is a small  place but has great food. The even run a beer promo which is very unique.  Try them out.

Nice, that's what I like to hear! :)
I have decided to start a food blog here, so I will write about it when I get to visit it