English lady,retired lived here many years

Hi, I am now retired but have lived in Spain for nearly 30 years.My family came before Spain entered the EU to run a business similar to one we had back in UK.At first it was quite hard but we prospered.I have a daughter who grew up here,now has her own business, & a Spanish granddaughter.Will be pleased to give new arrivals any of my opinions.I sit on the fence since I am well aware there are advantages/disadvantages when you relocate to a different country,often it is what you are made of that determines how you make out.

Welcome to Expat.com cfs!

Helping other members is a very good idea.:top:

Do not hesitate to participate on the forum.;)

Harmonie.

Hello,
My wife and I have just returned from November in Spain, around the Mar Menor area in Murcia. We found the area very quiet. We have also checked out the areas south of Santa Pola down to the Mar Menor.
We are interested in finding an area within 30 Minutes drive of Alicante, that is not deserted in the winter months, for renting a property between October to March,and has plenty of restaurants open and a bit of life, preferably with some UK ex-pats to speak to and/or make friends.
We would be particularly interested in finding out about areas we didn't have chance to check out such as Santa Pola,  El Campello, San Juan, etc.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Note that this thread is 2 years old, and it might no more be active. I suggest you to create a new topic on the Alicante forum, for better interaction and visibility.

Regards,

David.