How to get a Job in Kuwait

Ola expats & denizens, locals & foreigners ;)

the general trend in discussion from readers of this forum seem to lean heavily towards finding employment, whether they be locally present or off-shore and hopeful.

The first thing you need to know straight off the bat is that company's incur a significant cost in bringing talent in from abroad. Hence the first requirement is that said talent be worth the gamble. And if they are not contacting you directly, then you must find a way to prove to them that you are worth it.

So first question you should ask yourself is, why should this company hire me? Or, depending on how your brain is wired, how will I add to the value of this company? Once you answer this question, the rest is relevantly easy.

Not all nationalities are granted visa on arrival in Kuwait. In order to come to Kuwait, you must have a work permit. To get a work permit, you need a job offer.

Unlike other GCC countries, Expats living in Kuwait cannot sponsor anyone to visit - they must be related (relatives of the first degree and first cousins).

There are numerous websites that offer employment opportunities, even better still if you do a Google search of specific companies or specific job openings and apply directly instead of through a third party service provider (i.e. bayt.com etc).

Without an invitation, you cannot come to Kuwait. Without a job, you cannot come to Kuwait.

you need to get a job offer from a company BEFORE coming to Kuwait.

I hope this clears up any questions that anyone might have regarding seeking employment in Kuwait.

do not worry LEGACY.. people will post again on this topic!.. before understanding from the other end!... we are here to answer! no issues!

we need some online workshop on this topic...

not necessarily; if the good admins of expat-blog stick this post for all to see who come to wonder about employment in Kuwait :)

Topic sticked.;)

Merci Harmonie :one

hi, quite interesting topic
it's exactly what i was looking for
i am looking for job in Kuwait
i use google almost daily and i use bayt.com , the guardian , and so many other websites for the same purpose
compared to my age 25 , i think my cv is good , i speak three languages , i have two jobs experiences (teaching and banking) , now i study insurance , but til now i got no reply :(
sometimes i feel really down and lose hope , then i start searching again

well, kuwait i ll come soon or late , just wait for me :)

its not going anywhere :) keep your head up, i am positive someone will get in touch soon as you come across their search. the job market is a market, buyers and sellers, you are a seller, now u must find a buyer

legacy wrote:

its not going anywhere :) keep your head up, i am positive someone will get in touch soon as you come across their search. the job market is a market, buyers and sellers, you are a seller, now u must find a buyer

:) head up til death :p hhhhh

thank you

Try workabroad.com.ph then select country, choose kuwait.a lot in there.

tito123 wrote:

i ll try it
thnk u

tito123 wrote:

i registered there , but as i see , it s only for philipinos!

wow,this is interesting

Try to check the companies there some is mention there then you can go directly to the company in kuwait to apply for the job.

register with most of the websites
www.bayt.comwww.careerjet.com.kwwww.indeed.comwww.gulftalent.com
for most of hospitality jobs go for http://www.catererglobal.com/

What do you think is there a place for me in kuwait?

I have a degree in German and English and soon I gona finish college safety engineer.

Everyone has a place in any part of the world.

i ve bachelor degree (english language and civilization)
i ve work experience in banking (one year and 2 months as assistant of head of audit department)
now i study insurance and i work in an insurance company, i ll get my certificate in juin

but i want to work as english teacher

do u think is it possible for me to get a job there?

There are international schools in kuwait, it's a big possibility to find a job in kuwait, i'm sure your country has an international school here also.

tito123 wrote:

There are international schools in kuwait, it's a big possibility to find a job in kuwait, i'm sure your country has an international school here also.

i want to work in Kuwait not in my country :p

i said here, (kuwait)

ok

Goodluck to you..just pray,everything will be fine for you

:) thank you
ameen

There are a lot of job vacancies for teachers here in Kuwait. The only problem is the salary being offered.:)

What is the ideal salary in kuwait? which you think u can have a good life.

iyalee wrote:

There are a lot of job vacancies for teachers here in Kuwait. The only problem is the salary being offered.:)

they all require 2 years of experience in teaching , which i do not have :'(

In Kuwait..If you have good connection then you can get the job fast otherwise your best option will be Bayt or Gulf talent..

Good Luck

how to get this good connection????

tito123 wrote:

What is the ideal salary in kuwait? which you think u can have a good life.

it depends on your lifestyle and perhaps,qualifications.

houwayda wrote:
iyalee wrote:

they all require 2 years of experience in teaching , which i do not have :'(

yes.and most of them (schools)preferred a native speaker of English for an English teaching position and primary/key years posts.

so you can't go to kuwait on vacation?

some nationalities can - the ones that are allowed visa on arrival, the rest of the world; no dice.

[Moderated: Please post your offer in Jobs section]

Well, I'm not yet IN Kuwait but judging from my own situation, the trouble is not finding work for yourself from within the country since I already got work before starting to plan going to Kuwait... The trouble is how to find work for one's spouse once we're inside the country. That sounds like a tough issue to me...

Thanks .please  how can someone nt living in kuwait b recruited.

Gillian Aham wrote:

Thanks .please  how can someone nt living in kuwait b recruited.

same question!!
i did everything i m supposed to do
sent CV's , checked recruitment websites daily, contacted people living there...... all in vain!!
slowly getting depressed!!!!!!!

keep your head up people, you are bound to find something :)

you have to keep in mind that to bring in foreign talent from abroad would cost companies money, so the first thing they do is check and see if they can fill that demand locally.

if not, they look outside.

It's not that everything will be easy or exactly as you had expected, but you must just choose to be grateful for all that you have, and happy that you got a chance to live this life, no matter how it turns out.
Hamdoolah my God for everything.

Hi Houwayda,
Have you managed to get a job of a teacher by now?

hi Paul
no
not yet