Greek Island Tour

Dear People of Greece,

Ola! I am planning a trip to the wonderful world of Greece, with which I have been infatuated as a child (I can recite all mythology by heart).

How do I go about it, in the best feasible manner?

Ive been researching on Google for the best islands to visit - i dont want to be doing the usual trip that all tourists do. I fancy great scenery and history, beaches and jogging spaces/ snorkeling.

what islands would u recommend me to visit?

Hello Legacy,
I am Greek and living in Kenya. I just spent one month in Greece and had the chance to go to two really nice islands. I went to Hydra (very cute, beuatiful rocky island, great great greaaat for snorkeling and hiking), its considered to a an expensive island- but I think it also depends on the seasons. I also went to Folegandros- also amazing, had the best time snorkeling for hours. Very cute, small, there are many beaches that you can camp on, some are illegal, but everyone camps anyway. I have also been to Rhodes, which was also quite an experience- I worked in a restaurant- here you will see the amazing castles- and people are living in it with lots of shops and accomodation. You will hear so many different languages walking down a street- if you go do explore the island as there are so many amazing places- go to Lindos and walk up the mountain- its all steps untill you reach the top where there is a beautiful ancient temple. Where else lets see. this is all I can think of for now, all the best with yor trip, Alexandra

Thank you Alexandra! :D

Oh yes Greece is a very good place for visit to with or without family.

There are lots of good beaches too.
I definitely say that everyone will must enjoy at Greece.

dear greeks,

many thanks for the kind hospitality and comments! would february be considered a bad time to visit? i am not a fan of a huge crowd, would there be tourists at this time? I have been told by a travel agent to visit crete for history, what island (Close to crete) would have an active nightlife?

Hello Legacy,

I am a Greek, writting to you from Greece where i live, and more specific Crete.

To answer your questions :
-February is a "quiet" month, i would say. I think in 2013 the canival time is in March, and then Easter and then Summer time...so, yes, i believe Febryary is ok for a "not-fan" of huge crowds. The touristic period here starts around Easter time (Christianic or Catholic - which ever comes first).
-There are many places to visit all over Crete, for someone who is interested in History, culture, nature, etc
-I don't know what you mean by "acive nightlife", but at that time of the year (February) i guess nightlife is almost the same at every islend. The company you are in, is usually the factor which makes the difference!

Thank you eirkak for rhe answers :) I'll be traveling vy my self
By active nightlife i mean will i find restaurants open for dining etc?

I definitely intend to visit Crete. Im a huge fan of Greek mythology :D

If that's what you mean by "nightlife" i don't think you will find any problem on that anywhere here in Greece!
I thought you meant finding a club at a village up in a mountain. THAT would be somehow difficult!

Hehe :p im more interested in meeting the locals, absorbing the culture.

Most importantly running :D i love running!