Which vehicle to buy for small family in 45000 SAR?

I live in Sharurah near Yemen border. I am here for 2.5 years. We are a family of 3. Which vehicle should i get in 45000 SAR? Occasionally we plan to visit Makkaah & Medina. I will sell it after 2.5 years. I have Toyota Fortuner & Toyota Camry in my mind. But i want to make the decision on the basis of Reliability, Safety, Resale, Maintenance & Comfort. I am a bit inexperienced in buying a used vehicle & hence need your advise! I will be really thankful to profit from your rich experience! Thanks in anticipation!

Hi drshahzad245 and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will help you soon.;)

Harmonie.

Thx Harmonie! I m looking forward to the other worthy members for their useful input!
Guys m really confused between the Fortuner & the Camry! Plz with ur detailed advises i think i can be more clear headed! Waiting fingers crossed for ur replies!

hmmm

If you have 45000 then Camery would be good to buy.

A.K. Will u plz elaborate ur suggestion & compare the 2 options vis a viz pros & cons!

Strike out Fortuner if family comfort during long drives is one of the things you are looking for. If family members are 4 or less; and space wouldn't be a deal-breaker, Go for Camry. It's an excellent Sedan.

Also do check out this thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=169141

Since u r family of 2 adults with 1 kid , SUV will be a comfort option. Especially since the fuel rates here make it economical. As u said in case u want to drive out longer distances u wud feel safer in an SUV.

Thx to The Legend Leads & Kymdoce!  After going through the different links i have decided for Camry only becuase of the comfort it provides in comparison to Fortuner.
Here in Sharurah there are not much camry cars & the ones available are very costly! I plan to get it from Dammam, Jubail, Khobar. Plz guide me whether i should buy a second hand Camry from a showroom or port or from somewhere else? A/T or Manual? Will i be able to get a car with full options in 45000 SAR? What documents will be involved? Should i take a mechanic with me coz i have no experience in buying 2nd hand cars? How will i transfer it to Sharurah? Waiting anxiously for ur suggestions since i plan to buy it by the end of 2012! Thx!

i would get an SUV over a camry any day.
and i have a camry from work.

Totally dude .... SUV's make best sense in kingdom due to fuel rates....

But i can't buy Cruiser , Prado, FJ cruiser, Rav4 or Fortuner in 50-55 K budget! Even if I get one, it wud be very old with lot of mileage! How can i trust such one? Isn't it better to buy a better Camry in this price? I will be doing long drive only occasionally, may be every 2-3 months!

used tucson or the other hyundai thing that is a bit bigger is an easy find used in your budget. a NEW tucson starts in the 70s.

drshahzad245 wrote:

But i can't buy Cruiser , Prado, FJ cruiser, Rav4 or Fortuner in 50-55 K budget! Even if I get one, it wud be very old with lot of mileage! How can i trust such one? Isn't it better to buy a better Camry in this price? I will be doing long drive only occasionally, may be every 2-3 months!

That's why I didn't suggest any other cars. Anything other than Toyota doesn't have resell value as good; nor the maintenance is as cheap. It's better to stick to the Japanese rather than going for the Koreans or Eurpean cars.

Toyota has designed two very bad cars with respect to comfortability; Foruner and RAV.

I agree that SUV is after all a better choice for safety in Saudi traffic kind (and I myself own an SUV), but budget is important constraint. And Camry must be the answer :)

All the very best doc!

Thx to The Legend Leads!  After going through the different links i have decided for Camry only becuase of the comfort it provides in comparison to Fortuner.
Here in Sharurah there are not much camry cars & the ones available are very costly! I plan to get it from Dammam, Jubail, Khobar. Plz guide me whether i should buy a second hand Camry from a showroom or port or from somewhere else? A/T or Manual? Will i be able to get a car with full options in 45000 SAR? What documents will be involved? Should i take a mechanic with me coz i have no experience in buying 2nd hand cars? How will i transfer it to Sharurah? Waiting anxiously for ur suggestions since i plan to buy it by the end of 2012! Thx!

Bro after lot of discussion if u still need options, here u r
1) Camry
2) Honda Accord
3) Hyndai Sonata
(But still camry is best option)

Danish Bro i have already decided about Camry but i asked some other Qs regarding buying it! Plz read them & guide me if u can! Thx! Here r my queries:
1. Budget 45 - 50 K SAR
2. Camry with full options
3. I have less choice here in Sharurah Market
4. Want to buy it from Dammam, Jubail or Khobar
5. Where from i buy...show room / port / haraj etc.
6. What documents will be involved on final deal?
7. Is mechanic a must since i have no experience?
8. How will i transfer it to Sharurah if i don't drive it from there?

drshahzad245 wrote:

Danish Bro i have already decided about Camry but i asked some other Qs regarding buying it! Plz read them & guide me if u can! Thx! Here r my queries:
1. Budget 45 - 50 K SAR
2. Camry with full options
3. I have less choice here in Sharurah Market
4. Want to buy it from Dammam, Jubail or Khobar
5. Where from i buy...show room / port / haraj etc.
6. What documents will be involved on final deal?
7. Is mechanic a must since i have no experience?
8. How will i transfer it to Sharurah if i don't drive it from there?

Dont buy from hiraj, they can deceive u, try to buy from showroom (used one). I think u can get 2009 or 2010 model under range of 45000. and get some info from any mechanic near u (dont have ideas about places like Jubail or khober). when u will buy, the will tell u about documents.

You should buy only from showroom and go with expert.. :)

After long deliberations & thinking i have bought(Mid size SUV) GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 2007 Full options ! I bought it for 45500 SAR excluding regn/insurance/Fahas/transportation! It's freshly imported from USA (just 20 days ago) & my mechanic & computer center test have cleared it. Will receive it in 2 days time from Riyadh!

Buy uesd car

Never Ever think of Small car.
SUV is the beat things can be Drive in Saudi roads.

South of Saudi, need only SUV