Forgot to leave the philippines

does anybody know the penalty for not leaving the philippines after a stay of 18 months.  and believe me i forgot big time.  the thing is that i would like to know now so i can make plans for the worse.  any help would be appreciated.

thanks

mike

What is your nationality mike?

Fine for Overstaying. Click the link below:
http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?opt … &Itemid=43

I would like to give some much needed info to all my fellow expats living in the Philippines or planning to come here. You get up to 16 months and up to 24 months total, once you reach your 16 month clock you will have to write a letter explaining why you need to stay longer, you have to get the letter certified by a notary then make a copy of your passport and I-card then go to your nearest immigration office, the fee is around 510 pesos along with how long you want to extend for, the whole process will take around 1 week if you don't leave in Manila, you will have to do this everytime you want to extend past your 16 month clock and then after 24 months you have no choice but to exit the country, now here is the tricky part and the immigration office will not tell you this, please before your 2 year clock is up like a month or two is better, go to immigration and ask for a ECC make sure you bring 3 passport size phots with you, fill out the ECC the whole process will take around 30-40 minutes, now if you live in a sub-office it will take a week to come back because they have to send your forms to Manila, but make sure you do this a month or two before your 2 year clock has run out, don't be like me and do it the day of, I was in good grace to ahve anough time to get it done and get a flight out the country. Don't book a flight and try to leave without your ECC if you live in a small city like me then you will have to get that ECC before you exit the country other wise you will be screwed so do it way in advance it will save yo time and money trust me I been there done that. The most important thing is once you got your ECC back, then book your flight now when booking a flight make sure you get a return flight as well, a lot of expats think all they need is a round-trip to and from, if you try this the country your at will not allow you to part the plane until you purchase a returning flight from the Philippines so do it all at once in the Philippines before you leave.

Example:
Let say your two clock is almost up and you want to exit early to make sure, make sure you have everything completed, your ECC is complete and you have your flight to and from and back again, example.

It should look like this:
for me. CRK/BKK BKK/CRK, CRK/SIN.

So that's Clark airbase to Bangkok then Bangkok  to Clark airbase then Clark airbase to Singapore. Your flight should look like this because you need a returning flight to gain entry back to the Philippines, this will not cost you that much, there are very cheap airlines, like Tiger Airways or Air Asia. So this is some valuable information for those who don't know what to do when your 24 month clock is up, I will advice you guys to leave way early to avoid problems and if you over stay without fixing it this will amke it tough on you when you finally go to immigration and you will have to pay a big fee to fix it and they may even want you to exit the country if you over stay to long like years but months you will have to pay a fee for sure to fix it but to avoid this please when you extend for 2 months and your 16 month clock is about to be up I would advice you to follow the process I wrote above and exit the country to re-start your clock. Or you can apply for a retirement visa or SRRV and there are a lot of web sites just type in how to apply for a SRRV or retirement visa for the Philippines, this is how it works, if your under 50 years old you will have to secure $50,000 in a Philippine bank which is around over 2,000,000 pesos depending on the exchange rate, if your over 50 you then must secure $10,000 in any Philippine bank and have proof that your sending your retirement to a Philippine bank which is a easy process, I'm planning on doing this soon. But once you do this you can stay here 3 years at a time but you will have to pay a annual fee of $360.00 or 14,000-15,000 pesos per year depending on the exchange rate, or you can marry a Filipina and get a 13a visa which will allow you to remain here longer and they will give you a visa so you can exit the country and return anytime just show your 13a visa and pay a small exit fee the same goes for the SRRV visa, just so everyone know you still need to make sure that if you don't want to do the other but just live here as a single person, the process is painless, many expats don't want to spend the money but trust me this little investment will save you trouble and money in the long run, this is a very nice country and the living is easy if you know how to budget your money if your single, if find a Filipina and there are a lot of trustworthy good ones here and like any place there are some who just looking for a meal ticket so be careful and it's more fun in the Philippines and I know this is a long reply but I don't want the same thing to happened to my fellow expat that happened to me and this information is good because if you follow it trust me your stay here will be stress free and fun. Take care and God bless.

u need pay that is it for ve over stay , i know i ve over stay for 5 months, ve 2 possibility u can go in imigration office in manilla or diretly in airpot but ofcourse u ll need pay for over stay

Yeah it will be a lot, it is better to follow the rules so when one stay past their 16 month or even 24 month clock they won't face a huge fee to pay before exiting the country. I just wanted to share what i know from living here for over 2 years now and trust me the process is not that hard, if your clean and don't cause trouble then your life here will be awesome, so I advice all my fellow expats to just follow the rules, leave the country before your 16 month and 2 year clock is up then just start the process over again and don't forget to get a return flight as well this will save you time and money as well. The laws here are simple just have everything in order and you won't have any problems and don't cause any problems as well. I was at the immigration office last year getting my 2 month extension and one guy was causing problems because he though others was going ahead of him so they made him wait, one must remember this is their country and their laws are different from where we live so if you follow them I promise you won't have any problems only those who draw attention have the biggest problems here and thus they say negative things about the Philippines. So we as expats must remember were guest here and this is not our country and as long as we stay here we must follow their rules and laws when it comes to immigration and other laws, many of us are single and have no plans to marry so when our time is up to exit the country just follow the laws and do it and come back if you choose, if you choose to come back just follow the rule I wrote above and trust me your life will be easy.

Remember if you stay here below 6 months you don't need a ECC you just have to pay the exit fee at the airport, but if you have stayed over 6 months you must, I repeat must go to the immigration office to get your ECC ( Emmigration Clearence Certification) before you exit the country otherwise they will not allow you to leave until you have that document in hand, if you fly out of Manila I believe they have a office there where you can get one but don't quote me, but to be safe just go to the immigration office a few months before you leave and apply for one it only takes around 30-40 minutes for the whole process and around 500 PHP. If you live in a small city you can apply there but since they don't complete the form there they may have to send it to Manila and that will take around a week to come back, they will inform you to return in a week to pick up your ECC and then you can book your flight and be on your way with no problems at all, no must no fuss. I hopw what I post will help many of my fellow expats. Have a awesome day and God bless.