Looking for friends near Alba,..Cuneo

Hi there, is there anyone nearby me as it seems as a lot of you are in Turin?

Hi perlawerla,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Could you please introduce yourself?

Thank you,
Christine

Hi Christine! Thanks! Where do i have to introduce myself? is there a specific page for that? :) Kirsty

Hello perlawerla,

I mean introduce yourself here on the forum. This can help you to get more response. ;)

Thank you,
Christine

Hi im Kirsty and i am living near Bra in Piemonte region.  I am looking for friends nearby to chat with and share experiences with!! I am also searching for work as an english teacher, im currently studying for my TEFL.  I would also love to find people to chat with in Italian as i need to improve my language.  Look forward to any responses! x

Hello Kirsty. :)

Thank you for this introduction.

I am sure you'll make a lot of new contacts here.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurelie :) its hard when you miss friends and family so its always a bonus to meet lovely people !

Hi Kirsty; how are you doing in Piemonte? You have been here quite some time I see...:-) Just wanted to say hi. Oh, and I am pretty convinced you will be able to find a teaching job in English in Torino ;-) Greetings, Jes

Hi Jes yeah it will be 3 years in March 2013, but its quite difficult to find work.  What do you do in Turin? I feel i would benefit more from living in the City!! :) thanks for your reply

Hi how did you like Cuneo? I'm considering a job in Entracque and just returned from a visit. It's a long term gig so I want to get your opinion

texasranch wrote:

Hi how did you like Cuneo? I'm considering a job in Entracque and just returned from a visit. It's a long term gig so I want to get your opinion

Hello and welcome on board :)

Please note that you are participating on a thread inactive since 2012. You may not get any response.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi! I live about 40 minutes from Cuneo.. how long did you spend here? I have felt unsettled for a while but mainly because I haven't found work for a while. I think if you are in a working environment you would settle quite well. do you have family to come with? nice to hear from you :)

Thanks for your quick response. I was in Entracque and Valdieri for a week. I just got back yesterday.  I will have a steady job but trying to gauge whether the experience is worth jumping off the corporate ladder for. I would love to hear your input on how it has been for you?

I don't know valdieri well, but my partner would, I can ask him for you.  I really came here just to be with him so it was a different situation to yours.. luckily I have found opportunities teaching some hours a week privately.. but its not the same as having a full time job.  Do you speak Italian? It was hard for me and I still struggle after 5 years , unless you are mixing its difficult.  I guess it also depends on where you would be living and the job itself , there really is a lot to consider., What job is it? hope i can help in any way :)

Thanks! I know maybe 15% Italian and will be living a town of 1,000 people. The job is to manage a ranch estate. Is it generally easy to meet people (non-expats)?

that sounds amazing! you would benefit from getting into a language group here, I think the language schools in Cuneo may offer Italian for foreigners but also maybe free classes through the Comune. Cuneo has more to offer than my part! also there maybe a meet up group ,I am part of it but never went as a bit far to go in the evenings.. would you have many staff working for you? that would most certainly help you feel settled! :)

Hi, we are a family interested to host an ENGLISH MOTHER TONGUE nanny for long time.
The family consists of the parents, two 40-years old, boy, 5 years old and girl, 8 years old.
We would like you to talk to the children in English to help them learn the language.
We live in a large country house close to Cuneo, a very pretty town surrounded by mountains where you can make beautiful hiking or biking.
Buongiorno, siamo una famiglia con due bambini di 5 ed 8 anni, cerchiamo una nanny madre lingua inglese per un lavoro a lungo termine, munita di patente e referenziata.
Viviamo a Cuneo pertanto la candidata dovrà essere disponibile a trasferirsi dal lunedì al venerdì.
Offriamo vitto, alloggio ed un contratto di lavoro a tempo indeterminato.

Found this from quite a while ago... just felt like adding I'm also looking for friends near Alba.. If this is still valid.