Looking for board gamers in Phnom Penh.

Hello, I am looking to start a board gaming group. Euro and/war games specifically. I have my collection here with me, which is a good selection of both genres. We need some more people to play some of the multi-player games, plus adding more games in to the  mix are always welcome.

Hello Derek,

Welcome to expat-blog :)

Sound like a good plan. I hope a lot of people will join ;).

Melissa

We have established a group. Lost some people(they left the country. Nobody is dead...as far as I know :P ), and gained some new ones. If you are looking play, come join us!

Derek

Hi there!  I'm new to PP and looking to meet friends.  I also happen to like board games!  When and where do you meet next?  I'd love to come along!  :)  - Stacia

I will probably try to do something next weekend. Let me get your contact email, and I will add you to our email list.

It looks like we will have all kinds of new people joining next week! :)

Derek

Sounds great!  You can email me at [email protected].  Thanks, and see you soon!  :)

Heya, if you're still looking for gamers come July I would love to join! Selling off my games here in the UK has been the hardest part of shedding belongings :)

Oh man, I almost missed your message! I have a couple more years here to go, so I will be in July. Send me your email address, and I will ad you to my board game group emailer.

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Been in PP for about 10 days now and would love to join the Board game group. Let me know when you guys meet next.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hey Guys,  I would be pleased to join you !

There is a new Korean board game cafe recently opened, HaHaHoHo Board Game Café is located at #74, St 456 (between St 155 and St 163). See review here - khmer440.com/k/2014/01/hahahoho-board-game-cafe/

rarky wrote:

There is a new Korean board game cafe recently opened, HaHaHoHo Board Game Café is located at #74, St 456 (between St 155 and St 163). See review here - khmer440.com/k/2014/01/hahahoho-board-game-cafe/

Yeah, I am aware of the place. As it stands it too expensive. When I first contacted them they quoted me $2 per person, per hour, so if a minimum of four of us show and stay for 6 hours that ends up being $48(minimum). That is a lot of money. I think they have recently come down to $1.50 per, but unless they come up with a flat rate for the room/table, I do not think I will be going there. I have plenty of games, and enough space at home to host.

DerekM wrote:
rarky wrote:

Yeah, I am aware of the place. As it stands it too expensive. When I first contacted them they quoted me $2 per person, per hour, so if a minimum of four of us show and stay for 6 hours that ends up being $48(minimum). That is a lot of money. I think they have recently come down to $1.50 per, but unless they come up with a flat rate for the room/table, I do not think I will be going there. I have plenty of games, and enough space at home to host.

I just read the article, and if it is now $1.50 for unlimited, then that is definitely doable. Maybe we will check it out on our next group meeting. :)

Is your group still meeting up? I love a good board game...are new people still welcome? I would love to join someday if possible...

If you are still organizing some game, i would be pleased to join you. :cheers:

I am not doing much in terms of big gaming group anymore, but I am available for two games on the weekends. Maybe once I am done with the project that I am working on, maybe I will look to start doing the big group again.

I will message you my email, so you can contact me for two player, if you like.