Biking in riyadh

is it safe \ accepted To go biking around the neighborhood ?
or its not accepted by society here ?

If NOT, where can someone go for biking?

:rolleyes: just wondering :rolleyes:

husseink wrote:

is it safe \ accepted To go biking around the neighborhood ?
or its not accepted by society here ?

If NOT, where can someone go for biking?

:rolleyes: just wondering :rolleyes:

Ithink its ok to ride anywhere exept in the highway
Your question is rather an indicant that you were bored at the time

there are apparently groups of riders that go out on friday mornings in certain places, but thats all i know

as for around random places? i wouldnt suggest it. i rode a bike i jeddah with no problems, but riyadh is different. and the roads are much worse

Freshlikesushi wrote:

there are apparently groups of riders that go out on friday mornings in certain places, but thats all i know

as for around random places? i wouldnt suggest it. i rode a bike i jeddah with no problems, but riyadh is different. and the roads are much worse

Road near my area is okay , however I am not sure if PPL will accpet it

when i used to go for a walk ; i received some weird looks (Glares) !!

husseink wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

Road near my area is okay , however I am not sure if PPL will accpet it

when i used to go for a walk ; i received some weird looks (Glares) !!

you guys make it sound like you are in a war zone
it,s true people here stare , but who cares ? i don,t think it,ll go beyond that
for biking it,s ok if the weather allows all over north riyadh , around the small parks in neighbor hood , and also around your compound , usually i notice security around all compounds
plus you are lebanese !! i would under stand your concern if you were a westerner
Riyadh roads are much better than jeddah

We are group of 6 mixed culture (Lebanon Jordan Egypt) used to go out together for bike training, sometimes joining Riyadh Wheelers Group but most of time doing it alone at safe areas.

If you want to join, please contact me on +966 567 717171 at anytime to tell when/where our next trip.

motorbikes or pedal power?!

Pedal Power

Thought as much!

its very much ok to do biking , just keep safety at the highest standards... u never know when u will b pushed down from the road.