Looking for people who don't consider Doha as the most boring city )))

Hi,I'm looking for people who don't consider Doha as the most boring city in the world )))
I'm almost 3 years here, ok, Doha is not one of those cities, full of entertainment at every turn, but anyway there are places to go and to have a good time.Want to find active people who can share their ideas how to spend free time here and maybe we could share these ideas with each other)))

There's always new restaurants to try!

Hello Kseniya1,

Welcome to expat-blog :)

I am sure you will find some Doha's lover soon ;)

Melissa

Hi,

How's your weekend been?

Olu

Doha is boring only when u're alone!

Hi Ksenia did you find or not yet :)
best wishes

coming into Dopha soonest. am an accountant looking for a job in doha. kindly assist.
andrew

Doha film festival has a lots of interesting films and events -at least the family day last year was wonderful my kids enjoyed that very much ...

Hey Kseniya,

Would you like to go the Philharmonic ... 30 November?

I totally agree with you

Let's make it something fun~!!!

I'm korean

If you want to know me

Let me introduce myself :D

Bye

Yes, agree! ))

mabdelrahman wrote:

There's always new restaurants to try!

ausinqatar wrote:

Hey Kseniya,

Thanks for invitation, what will they have? I would like with pleasure but... i have work on 30th Nov,maybe next time )

Nice to see, that I'm not the only one who is ok with living in Doha )))
What's your plan for the New Year Eve? How do you usually spend it here?

Ksenlya1,
Can you pls contact me on my email; [email protected]. Am coming into doha soon in search of a job. I need help pls.
Cheers
Andrew

@obosi -> Why don't you start a new thread on the Doha forum with your questions? Other members might help as well. ;)

[Sorry for the off topic]

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurélie! I have done that now. Can u be of help?

Kseniya1 wrote:
ausinqatar wrote:

Hey Kseniya,

Thanks for invitation, what will they have? I would like with pleasure but... i have work on 30th Nov,maybe next time )

The programme for 30 November:
Rahbany: Orchestral Cocktail
Tchaikovsky: Concerto in D Major for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 35
Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition (arranged Ravel)

Next time it is!

Hey everyone

Unfortunately I no longer live in Qatar, moved to Kuwait 3months ago. I loved Qatar it was a great place to live, I actually miss it.

For new year eve there are loads of parties in Qatar, ramada hotel had a good one and it's one of the cheaper options.

Ally

doha nice place to live and resturants ad even traffic is also enjoyable for drive with a cool

Hope you enjoy Kuwait! We were there for about 5 years before moving to Qatar. A group of use used to go to The One at Marina Mall for breakfast on Fridays but the service has declined. Try the Breakfast Club; it's a great treat.

AllyBee wrote:

Hey everyone

Unfortunately I no longer live in Qatar, moved to Kuwait 3months ago. I loved Qatar it was a great place to live, I actually miss it.

For new year eve there are loads of parties in Qatar, ramada hotel had a good one and it's one of the cheaper options.

Ally

So, what"s you plan for New Year? I'm looking for nice option how to celebrate New Year in Doha )))Last year was in club, it was nice but nothing special, didn't feel the spirit of holiday, what will you do?

just waiting for some plans to have new year celebrations

This is exactly how I feel since moving here!

Hello everyone!!! I am new in Qatar I been here for 6 months now!!! I am a bit sad coz Christmass is very near and its my first time to be away from my family in Philippines and I cant help to feel the loneliness this christmass as I am here on my own and I dont have real friends here but I am still thinking positive coz I cannot be very lonely on this day coz nobody will really care if i am sad on this day (xmass) so I might as well be happy.... but still its sad:( for me.......

hy welcome firerosw hope u will get soon big party  of national day and u can make programme to have good chrismas day and night events with friends ,,,,qatar is not quiet in sense of enjoyment but yes silent in sense of disturbance ,,,just come out of house u feel people are not sleeping whole night in doha,,,haha ,,anyhow hopefully soon u will get good chrismas party but dont forget to send cake to us(Expat.coms family)

Hiiii!!!! Qatar is a very nice and peaceful country to work in and I find the people nice too just like when I was in Spain... When I was here for couple of weeks a lot of people are telling me to be cautiuos with Arab peoeple but I was thinking it does not matter which race they are it depends on the people minds and thninking and also I dont judge people that quick but as I get along here (Qatar) I never had any unfavourable experience!

Ye, I will go out on the "national day", they tell me that are many activities on this day like fireworkks display and many more! As for my christmass I will be probably celebrating it with few nice friends and I am planning to visit the museum on this day too coz I do love museum and maybe go in the beach coz I do so miss the beach, back in my counrty I was livng in and working near the beach so everyday I had contact from the sea like I go swimming and do some water sports (scuba diving and snorkling:):)

I would love to send cakes for all you here why not lol:D:D:D.... but instead  I will send my love to all of you!!!!! Anyway, advance "merry xmass" to all expats members:):):)

Hi, everybody! How are you doing? )))

I didn't have an entertainment problem in Doha by following some simple rules:
1-    Stay away from ppl who feels bored all the time. Cause even if they are in Las Vegas they will feel the same.
2-    Never compare where you came from to Doha. Cause here is a different culture and style of living.
3-    Try to blend and with other nationalities and avoid the racism and discrimination nonsense. Cause you will end up having a lot of fake ego and pride for nothing.
4-    Try to go out with new set of friends every now and then for a change and try to make new friends .cause it helps to find out how others have fun ( you might like it )
5-    Don't over party in Doha or else you will end up partying in the same places with no satisfaction.

…. It's quit long list of do's and don'ts and it's keeping me  100% happy and having fun every day and if anyone wants to hung out you may reach me on  [email protected] :):):)

Kseniya1 wrote:

Hi, everybody! How are you doing? )))

Hi Kseniya1,

I actually back you up on your first statement here! Doha isn't such a bad place. I lived in a lot of places in the gulf and this is the city which has the slowest tempo of them all! I like relaxation and not having to rush for everything like it was in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, people here are more friendly than they are in Jeddah or Khobar, I love Souq Waqif which in my opinion is better than JBR in Dubai! And certainly the quality of life here is better than it is in Egypt.

What life taught me is that anywhere in the world can be so boring unless you have friends! It's not the city you live in that would make you happy, it's the people around you who would. If you live in Paris with no friends you would enjoy it for a maximum of a month, then you would start feeling alone!

I'm sure you've done everything to be done in your life so whatever there is to do here in Doha, it would never make you feel the holiday spirit! But consider enjoying a cup of coffee with a group of nice people, that would make my day!

This is only my second week in Doha and I already made a lot of friends, a couple of days ago we went to this beach/desert hills right next to the sealine, had a great BBQ and a dip in the sea then we played with SUVs on hills and it was amazing!

I will let you know whenever I have a new idea or let's meet for a cup of coffee.

Cheer up and enjoy. ;)

I guess u r very friendly person if u get friends so fast! )))))
Hope u enjoy Doha! )))

Hotel W at westbay is the best place on thursday. night club and discothique. only couple entry is permitted. you should register for membership early. QR 200/- for 6 months. no more entry fee.
fashionshow going on salam mall on 17-04-2013.
also private parties are going diffrent places.
hope this will help u.
Muniz 70091133

Thanks! I like W hotel also, didn't know about fashionshow, will check it, thank you! )))

To night (17/04/2013) fashion show at salaam mall. 7.00 pm starts. I will be there as media photographer. Wearing Premier teknomedia dress code. if u r coming, meet me there.

Hey dudes!!! YOu`re right W hotel Crystal is the best place to go on thursday night, in fact I am there every Thursday dancing.... feels so good to be there I dont care I just dance when I am there I want to forget the work I just want to enjoy the night!!! I even met DJ JOJO and gave me his CD!!!!

Kseniya1 wrote:

Hi,I'm looking for people who don't consider Doha as the most boring city in the world )))
I'm almost 3 years here, ok, Doha is not one of those cities, full of entertainment at every turn, but anyway there are places to go and to have a good time.Want to find active people who can share their ideas how to spend free time here and maybe we could share these ideas with each other)))

.. i am leaving here for several year.. and I its my second home...

Totally agree with u!!!!! I also like dancing till late in Crystal, nice place! )))))

Happy for u, relly! ))))))) DO u like here?

hi. Am an engineer quite new to Doha and I must confess I like it here. I only get Fridays off, so make I most of Thrdays nights.

I like going to discos and the one at Le Cigal is great one, also the one at w hotel is quite good.

[Moderated: pls send personal details via a pm]

Doha is as boring as a Grave Yard

interesting to know