Yarn shop, knitting club in Malta

Hi Ursula,

filati.com site does not exist, filatiyarn.com is closed.Did you mean filatishop.com?

Cheers

Evi

yes, I just  got yarn from them, great yarns,,, I have been using them for years.. I this doesn't work let me know I'll send  u the link

Ursula

Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to one of the knitting and crochet courses at the Lifelong Learning Center in Msida.

Does anyone have experience with these courses?

lifelonglearning.gov.mt/public/frmCurrentCourses.aspx

I hope to see you some of you there.

Cheers

Evi

Dear yarn lovers,

I have just volunteered in my children's school to help out with craft activities. I thought my first project should be to raise some awareness and I would like to prepare a show and tell about different fibers, how yarn is made,how fibers are processed, etc.
Unfortunately when we moved I was not able to bring my stash, so I am short of interesting yarns.

I would be very grateful if any one of you could gift small pieces of different natural fiber yarns/wool (wool, merino, mohair, angora, yak, etc.) or hand dyed, hand spun, beaded or yarns in other unusual form.

Could you please keep your eyes open at your local charity shops for crochet hooks and knitting needles suitable for children, but also other things which can be used for crafting (buttons, ribbons, knitted garments suitable for felting (min.80 % natural fiber content), etc.)

Thank you very much

Evi

The annual Christmas artisan fair will be held in Phoenicia Hotel Floriana on 14th-15th December from 10 am to 5 pm.

I will be there with some crochet and knitted products (it was a very last moment decision to register so I have very little stock to sell), but I will take all my yarns and tools and will be offering workshops for children and adults. The theme is POMPOM, but there are no limitation only your imagination
You can find more info about the fair at http://www.maltaartisanmarkets.com/

or you can see what I am offering at www.facebook.com/themakershopmalta  (I have registered on  FB for this occasion, so I am in need of friends as well:))

Evi

I know of 2 yarn shops on Malta. One is in Mosta, practically opposite the Mosta Dome, and the other is in St Paul's Bay, in a street just off Pioneer Road. This shop is called Strand Line. Don't despair ladies! Stand line is a mini haberdashery, they are on Facebook, but I just can't recall the name they use, but they are great. Visit them soon

Regarding wool shops in Malta, JB Stores in Icklin (Birkirkara) also sell wool - happy knitting/crocheting girls!

Hi, everyone keeps mentioning JB Stores (Iklin) as a source of yarn. It is a great shop for lots of things but unfortunately they sell one kind of yarn ( an acryl - wool mix) in about 8-10 colors and that is all.

Better than nothing! Try Strand Line off Pioneer Road in Bugibba, she has lots of different yarn, also haberdashery items.

Hi, Are you still in Malta?
I have not knitted for 10 -1 5 years but I would love to start again and form a club as well !

Where abouts are you in Malta? I work in Sliema, live in Msida

There is a shop called 'Strand Line' in Bugibba which sells wool needles sewing notions, buttons etc, as well as being a newsagent, stationers, etc. It is a cracking little shop, just off Pioneer Road, can't remember the exact address, sorry.

I zm in Bugibba, but returning to the UK for 6 months very soon.

Besides 3-5 euros for bad quality yarn is tooooooooooooooo much

Hi Pajarita,

probably everyone agrees with you. Do you have any better suggestions, especially for us who like to touch before buy?:))

Hi there! Just spotted this thread! Did you start a knitting/ crafting circle, would love to find out more ;)

Hi, I have finally got organised and got ready for the first knitting (craft) club.

Moderated by Yuveshen
Reason : Please do not promote any external website on the forum. You can also propose your club in the classifieds section- Clubs, associations, volunteers in Malta.

A very good craft and wool shop exists in San Gwann.....just off the high street in a small paved area, opposite Lourds Pharmacy.  The lady who owns seems to have printed knitting patterns for sale too. I mostly knit for charity, but would also love to be part of a group. Gill x

I know this is an old thread but for anyone interested I came across this:

http://artsmalta.org/winter-courses-ful … -published

Just visited the wool and craft shop in Mosta.  It's lovely and well worth a visit. xx

For sure there are 2 in zabbar one in fgura in msida, and mosta

Hello Everyone,

I'm really interested in learning knitting or crocheting... so if anyone is interested to do this 'club' thing I'm in :)
I live in Marsaskala, but I can go anywhere.

Let me know if anyone is interested to get together

Hi all, I am a Knitter with a capital K and I would love to be part of a knitting group, preferably around marsaskala area, if anyone's interested that would be great, would love to arrange a meet up

Hi, I saw an old post you made regarding forming a knitting club.. Did you manage to join some such group? If so I would love to join too
😊

Hi there
Do you know if a knitting circle was started as I would really love to join 😊
Bex

giusidda wrote:

HELLO PEVI, that would be lovely i started going to a mum and toddler group in dublin just before moving here and there was a group of us who would knit, in fact i learned only the basics but i used to enjoy it. Let's keep in touch and when you come over we can talk about it, i will mention it to the mums i've met so far ;)
Giuseppina

I would love to join a knitting group too, do you know if one was formed?
Bex

Bexn wrote:
giusidda wrote:

HELLO PEVI, that would be lovely i started going to a mum and toddler group in dublin just before moving here and there was a group of us who would knit, in fact i learned only the basics but i used to enjoy it. Let's keep in touch and when you come over we can talk about it, i will mention it to the mums i've met so far ;)
Giuseppina

I would love to join a knitting group too, do you know if one was formed?
Bex

The person you referred to has not participated on here for a few years so unlikely to get a reply, it
would be better to start a new topic, good luck.