Recruiting students

Does anyone know where I could begin if I wanted to start recruiting saudia students to study abroad? I don't have any contact abroad, but hope that someone could shed some light or pass on some tips to get something like this started.

Begin from schools, University, college, institutions....

I am not exactly sure where you are going with this but this is what I know ....

The US Embassy does quite a bit of advertising, especially in the social media (FB, to be specific), to encourage Saudis to go to school in the US.  They even have a Q&A type format on specific days where anyone can ask a consul about this process.

The father of a good friend of mine is the International Student Advisor/Coordinator for one of the universities in the US and I know he has been here in Saudi Arabia to advertise his university and to recruit potential students.

I, personally, know of at least 5 Saudis who are applying to universities in the US (one of them is even applying to my school - GO BEARS!!  lol).

At least from where I am sitting, it seems like there is a lot of information available for Saudis if they so choose to study overseas (at least in the US).

I've had a lot of Saudis come to me for recommendations where to study and based on their fields, I've researched and made suggestions (I lean towards FL, if possible, due to climate and multicultural aspects).

What I meant was to recruit students and make money out of it somehow :))))
Or maybe to recruit teachers???
Just don't have a clue where to start!!

hye..if you interested..you may e-mail me at [email protected] or sms/call at 01114251587

Fatsff1 wrote:

Look

1- you really don't need to contact anyone outside of Saudi. Get in touch with these schools' registration people while you are doing some kid's papers, and maybe make a deal (they procces your people faster, and you recomend it to students).

2- in Saudi you will need an official business. For what you want there are many offices that advertise these services. they are called "Student services"

3- The Bad offices just bundle these kids into one or more schools, with SACM saying it won't accept any more Saudi students in them. Don't do this. Keep up to date with the Ministry of higher education on the availability these schools.

4- Show the students what they want. Don't force what you have on them.

If you want more PM me. I will be in riyadh in a week or so. I can give you more on it then.

Fatsff1 wrote:

Begin by conducting Internet research on international student recruitment and recruitment trends; use recruit international students and jobs international student recruiter as your initial criteria. 

Frankly, the fact that you say you "don't have a clue where to start" points to some critical questions: What knowledge, professional skills, and abilities do you possess for this line of work?  What services would you provide the students?  What's your start-up budget?  How would you market yourself abroad as well as in a segregated society?   Also, how's your Arabic?  The questions could go on and on...

Anyway, just some food for thought.