Leaving Cert/secondary schools in Cairo

Hi

I'm checking out options for studying for leaving cert/equivalent in Cairo.

Other than the British and American International Schools (and the English School in Cairo), are there any other options, less expensive, available?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently trying to find the best option for the daughter of a friend of mine (educated to junior cert) who is now living in Cairo.

Many thanks.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by a leaving certificate?

My daughter is in Port Said school Zamalek, this school has an English section. She is doing her IGCSE's. Normally the school is appprox LE 10000 a year, including books. AS and A levels have a higher price. Exams have to be paid separately.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  Leaving Cert (Certificate) is the Irish equivalent to GCSE.  GCSE would be fine too.  I'm trying to find schools in Cairo that offer this but without having to pay the high prices of places like the British and American International Schools.

Is that 10,000 Egyptian pounds you mentioned?

Yes, 10,000 Egyptian pounds every year, increase is about 1,000 LE every year. But for year 12 you will have to pay per course.

There is also an Irish School. Other schools which are not that expensive: Manor House, Dar el Tarbiah, etc.
These are the British Council approved schools with all the contact details: http://www.britishcouncil.org/igcse_sch … y_2011.xls
You can choose a school near to your house, because traffic is bad in Cairo.

Many thanks Geely.  Much appreciated.  I'll check these out.