Bringing things in (mostly electronics) - customs question;

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some information about customs in Vietnam.

I have asked some Vietnamese friends but they have no idea how much customs charges to bring things like electronics in the country though one friend told me she thought you can bring 2 laptop computers (or laptop and tablet PC) without having to pay duties (does anyone know if this is true or not?).

I am interested in knowing if I can bring my laptop and Xbox 360  with me without paying import duties. I know some countries charge tax on some things but then refund the money if you still have them when you leave the country, does Vietnam have anything like that?

Beyond wanting to know if I can bring my personal items (video game system, laptop, cellphone etc.) in the country without paying duties I would like to know what I might have to pay if I were to bring some additional items as gifts or to sell.

I have experience selling (used items) on eBay and know that they opened eBay Vietnam about a year back. I would be very interested in knowing if I could bring some things with me to Vietnam to sell on the site or through other methods such as craigslist word of mouth etc.. is there any way to be able to accurately predict how much you will have to pay for a used item? Say an Xbox 360 video game like FIFA 13? Does it help if you have a receipt showing how much you paid?

Have any of you had experience bringing items with you on your trip which are more valuable than they are in your own country and selling them?

I would also be interested in learning how to start a business importing items and selling them in Vietnam but would like to see if I could bring a few things on my first trip (these may be items I originally purchased retail and am not selling for profit but perhaps I would be able to get more for them if I sold them there rather than here before I leave) just to gain some valuable experience.

Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated! I have checked craigslist and see that many of the video games and systems I have do sell for much higher prices than they do here in the states, but I have no idea how much the import duties are...

Thanks!

Carry-on/checked baggage usually no duty. Cell duty free (GSM only here)

Unaccompanied baggage - attracts tax/duty.