Need Advice Urgently

Helo Everybody,

I read many blogs on Expat.com about turning down the job offers and not moving to new zealand. Many ppl say many bad things bout work environment, long work hours and less pays, bad condition of houses, and bad behaviour of local ppls.

I am Transmission line engineer (31 year old) and recently been offered a job in upper hutt, wellington. I have also got work visa. I am married and thinking to bring my family after couple of months after i get settled.

They have offered me salary of NZ Dollars 68,000 per month. Is it enough and OK? how much can i save in it?

But i am little confused, if to move or not. As you have already done research on it, can you pls guide me?

Is the work environment horrible here?or are the oppurtunities for young professionals really bad?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Raza

Hey,

Just to clarify did you mean 68,000 NZD? cos that's a lot. You could definitely save a lot with that.
It really depends but NZ is full of lots of beautiful landscapes and lots of friendly, chilled out people.

Hope you make the right decision!

All the best

my mistake...its 68,000 per annum :P

Haha, yeah you'll be sweet with that amount. Although, I've just finished my degree so I've been living off hardly anything for years.

Salam Raza

I live in Upper Hutt my self. nice place, cheaper housing, bit colder than other parts of the city but overall is good, plenty of parks to take kids too.
I live in a two bedroom unit, moving oversea end Jan, early Feb, If you are interested you can take over.
let me know

that would b great mustapha...wud contact ya as soon as im there.....
Can you teme how much rent are you paying? And is it a old house or n ew construction?
Where is it located? how far is it from railway ave?

I have been in NZ for 3 months now and I am glad I came. Things are much more expensive here than in the USA but the salaries pay a lot more too. It is beautiful country here and the people are friendly for the most part. The only thing that they say about NZ that I don't agree with is that the crime rate is low. I find the crime rate comparable to other large cities in the USA (rather high) except there is almost no gun crime here. My advice is be just as cautious here as you would any where else. Good luck. I think you will enjoy your time in NZ.

happy belated birthday valerie

The unit is 2.2Km from Railway Ave. the unit is very new (less than two years old) with heatpump, insulation, double glazed windowns, great neighbours, in a very quit area. I do have all household for sale too, execpt fridge which belongs to landlord. very private backyard.  Im paying $290/week.

i will definitely get in touch with you, mustapha, wen i arrive there, sounds like a good deal

How much are you asking for for all the furnishings? n what is included in it?

Thanks Raza