Linoleum for floor

Hello everybody.
Does anybody know where is it possible to find linoleum covering for the floor? I am looking for it long time but still no success.
I would very appreciate if somebody give me advise.
Thank you!

Hello Om_Sant_Santi

Welcome to expat-blog!

I hope you will hear for the other membres real soon

Melissa

Melissa wrote:

Hello Om_Sant_Santi

Welcome to expat-blog!

I hope you will hear for the other membres real soon

Melissa

Thank you!

I know I'm late with my reply, but why on earth, (when in Bali), would anyone consider linoleum for their floor…any floor?

In 15 years of 24/7 living here, I can't recall ever seeing a single use of that stuff, and sorry to say, I think that's a good thing.

Use what the Balinese use for their floors…ceramic tile, granite, or even marble, all of which is readily and cheaply available here.  Wood is also a good choice for upper floors (not very Balinese) but any of these options, all of which would most likely be cheaper than linoleum, are far more long lasting and appealing in my view.

Just as an example, here are a few views of our latest project…which is also our current home compound:

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/222935/

Our living room (first floor) is 2.5 cm thick polished granite from Sumatra and it will last a thousand years…easily.  It took a team of three Balinese craftsmen about three weeks to install, and is over 300 square meters.  Our total cost, labor and material was around US $7,000.00.  At typical linoleum prices (in the West) it would have been significantly more (averaging US $25 to 50 per square meter), and far less appealing or sustaining.  And only the Gods would know of a Balinese who would know how to properly lay linoleum.     

In other areas of our latest project we used high quality ceramic, an abundance of which is made right here in Indonesia.  Professionally installed, and the best available at the time, that ran us about $10.00 a square meter, and that for the highest quality ceramic tile. 

Surely you've heard the old expression, “when in Rome, do as the Romans.”  In Bali, it's much the same.

Forget about linoleum.  Leave it behind you, and be happy that you could.

I suppose the thread is a bit out of date but it did seem odd.
Saying that, someone new to hot countries may well be unaware of the local habit of tiling floors.
So many people use tiles, they're dirt cheap.