School Vaccinations

Hi ,

Is it really necessary for kids to get all the vaccinations for the school (such as Hep B and A and rotavirus vaccine) ?

My two boys (5 and 7) have not had these as they are not compulsory at home and they are not at risk etc. Does every child need these vaccinations to attend school there ?

I don't think it is compulsory, however I would recommend to speak to the head teacher and share your concerns.

My 3 kids had no more shots after the age of 5 or 6.. So I guess your kids are okay..

St Christophers wouldn't allow my son in without proof of all of the vaccinations. This was in Sept 2012. It cost me over £200 in total as I had to go to a private clinic to get his BCG. None of the NHS clinics thought that Bahrain was at risk of TB so refused to do it.

So the answer is if you are new to Bahrain and want to get into a school then yes you need the vaccines.

I am in the same boat, my kids have not received many of the vaccinations on the school forms. I was hoping they weren't compulsory but after Josnuggles experience I should get started trying to find somewhere that will do the extra jabs. Thanks for the headsup Josnuggles.

silver356 wrote:

I am in the same boat, my kids have not received many of the vaccinations on the school forms. I was hoping they weren't compulsory but after Josnuggles experience I should get started trying to find somewhere that will do the extra jabs. Thanks for the headsup Josnuggles.

No problem, it was a nightmare for us. If you need any info then you can either post on here or private message me

Jo

I have boys booked in for their first set of extra jabs next week and then more to follow for them in a few weeks. Not looking forward to it !! Poor things.

Aww bless them but at least you have everything in motion

Jo