Expats in Buga

Somewhere between Manizales and Cali lies a small community called Buga. I have been an educator for 30 years, and I am currently engaged in a TESOL certification program.  Retirement is two years away, and I want to continue teaching, but I want to use my skills someplace totally different to where I am used to.  I have decided to spend this summer in Colombia, and I am looking for a small community to engage in my own personal internship.  My services are free because I will be learning as much, if not more, than I am teaching. But I am hoping to connect with a legitimate educational service that would allow me to work within their facility to provide me with guidance.   I really need to see for myself if I can do this.

I would like to connect with any expat that has, or is currently
living in Buga.  I would like to know a little bit about the community from the eyes of a transplant.  What can I anticipate with regards to housing, provisions, leisure, and expense.  I will be there on a shoe string, and that is how I will like it.  My guitar, a radio, some books and I am good.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hello millerb124,

You might want to check the previous discussion on forum Columbia you might be enlighten and get some contact at the same time.

Best of luck,
Melissa.

Hi Bruce. I have been to Colombia many times, but never to Buga.  I was just curious why Buga? It is not a town one hears too much about.  Stan