Moving my cat to Fiji from Canada

Hi there, I am considering moving my cat to Fiji from Canada but I am wondering if anyone has seen the quarantine centre in Suva... I want to know the conditions that my cat will be living in, etc. I heard from someone that brought a dog over for 7 day quarantine that the conditions were horrible and their dog got a disease in its leg which is just now beginning to heal (6 weeks later).... my cat would need to be there for 30 days but I am not going to bring him over if it is going to risk his health and well being. Please let me know if youve been to the quarantine centre or have any feedback. Thanks a lot!

Hello eranderson,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I have started a new topic thread for you on forum Fiji for better visibiity and more response.

I hope you'll get some help soon,
Melissa

Hi - My dog was there for 7 days and the facilities were actually surprisingly good given where we are. It isn't a spotless air conditioned, white walled place but it is clean. They even took my dog for walks around the compound on a daily basis (not sure that is exactly allowed, but anyway). I didn't see the cat boarding facilities, but why don't you go there and check it out first? It isn't the easiest place to find, but well worth it if you are that worried about it. It's in Koronivia near Nausori.

Hi, Just wondering if you ended up bringing you cat over as I am looking to buy a shipping container to take my two cats from Nadi back to Australia?