I want to live in Florida

I am a UK podiatrist with over twenty years experience. I have a successful and busy private practice. I own a home in Ellenton Florida and would love to live permanently there. However USA class me as undesirable. I have lead a clean life not broken the law, and am financially secure. I would love to work even part time my Bachelors degree is as high if not higher than required to work in Florida. Under the diversity programme every country EXCEPT UK and Canada are eligible which is really bad considering UK being Americas biggest ally. Mexicans iraquis and antagonistic countrys people are however allowed to apply. I already contribute to the economy inFlorida but am only allowed a six months visa which I can never use up as my business would not function if I was away from it for six months, so I can't work here or there on that basis.there must be a way I can be given a green card without massive investment. If I don't wish to be a drain on USA then I need to keep my savings etc. HELP every idea welcome!

Hi toejo7 !

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Thank you Armand let's hope somebody has a solution for me!!,!

well, you can always apply to jobs in a hospital or private practice and work in the US with an H1 visa. You "just" have to find someone to sponsor you.

toejo7 wrote:

Under the diversity programme every country EXCEPT UK and Canada are eligible !

that's not true, Bangladesh, Brazil, (mainland) China, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, and Vietnam are also not eligible. Those are the countries were already lots of people immigrated to the US from during the last 5 years, and the point of the DIVERSITY lottery is to have a more diversified immigration pool.

Thanks for your comment Vroni, but speaking with diverse people when I am here in Florida especially Vietnamese Pakistanis, and Chinese, they all say the same thing on how they got a green card. They all come from massive families two or three from each family get a green card then they proceed to get all the rest of their families over under family sponsorship visa.
Unfortunately UK residents do not tend to have such large family groups. Mexicans often are here illegally and again if not they have large family groups, but every once in a while the USA offers then amnesty and once they have this they bring in more family. Why wouldn't any of these people want to live in such a wonderful country full of hope promise patriotism and love it has it's problems but it is abundantly clear how behind the governments the people are. I just wish I was one of them.

You have any problem related law documents issue just ask me i will help you.
thanks 

toejo7 wrote:

I am a UK podiatrist with over twenty years experience. I have a successful and busy private practice. I own a home in Ellenton Florida and would love to live permanently there. However USA class me as undesirable. I have lead a clean life not broken the law, and am financially secure. I would love to work even part time my Bachelors degree is as high if not higher than required to work in Florida. Under the diversity programme every country EXCEPT UK and Canada are eligible which is really bad considering UK being Americas biggest ally. Mexicans iraquis and antagonistic countrys people are however allowed to apply. I already contribute to the economy inFlorida but am only allowed a six months visa which I can never use up as my business would not function if I was away from it for six months, so I can't work here or there on that basis.there must be a way I can be given a green card without massive investment. If I don't wish to be a drain on USA then I need to keep my savings etc. HELP every idea welcome!

Florida is a beutiful state

toejo7 wrote:

I would love to work even part time my Bachelors degree is as high if not higher than required to work in Florida.

Maybe this is part of the problem.  A podiatrist in the US has a doctorate degree.  No American hospital is going to hire or sponsor someone with only a bachelors.

firas10 wrote:

Florida is a beutiful state

yup that's true.

First I would look at the licensing for podiatry in Florida. What if any extra education or training is required for you to pracice there? Do you have to take and pass an exam for florida medical board? Then I would be sure I met the criteria to practice in the state of florida. Then you could always find an American husband or find another podiatrist with a private practice that will sponsor you. If there is a will, there is a way. Lots of determination will take you far. Don't give up.

If it's any consolation, I took the little 'test' to see if I qualify to immigrate to the UK, and I don't!!!  So it does work both ways.

But I agree--keep trying and good luck :)

Did you found any solution till now?

@toejo7I think you just need to persevere, Florida is a very inclusive and beautiful city, I'm sure your perseverance will help you and get you what you want in the end, everyone goes through ups and downs, but by giving up, you'll never get to victory.