Iqama Proffession change- New procedures for Engineers-

What you will need to do first and foremost is to get your Engineering degree ceritificate attested from your home country and get it attested from the Saudi Consulate in your home country, this can be easily done thru an attestation agency.

Once you get this done and you have the original certificate with you in Saudi Arabia, you have to proceed for the final attestation process in the ministry of interior attestation office in saudi arabia.

Now that you have completed the attestation part of your engineering degree certificate, you are good to step in to the SCE level.

for this, You will have to log on to SCE official website and make a new registration (click on Professional accredition online system).
Make sure that you provide all your correct details and you will be prompted to upload the following scan copies - (in JPG format)

1. Your Iqama copy
2. Your Engineering degree certificate copy
3. Attestations on engineering degree certificate copy.
4. Your passport copy
5. Your Engineering grade sheets/ transcript
6. Your current saudi employer's recommendation
7. COnfirmation letter signed by you.

After the completion of this registration and when you confirm to submit all these to the SCE database you will be provided with a online registration number. Note this number it is very important for your reference.

After online registration wait for 3 days and go to the SCE office in your city and provide them this online regsitration number.

If all your required data and the file copies are in place you will be asked to pay SR 1,250 and you will be given a letter of acceptance.

You have to mention to them that it is for your profession change and then they will process one more letter of acceptance which will be adressed to the Saudi Labour office and note that only copy of this will be given to you and the original will be sent directly to the labour office thru resigtered mail and the waybill number will be given to you.

Now the process at SCE office is completed.

Finally compile all your papers along with the letter of acceptance, copy of the letter to labour office and the waybill number and submit it to your HR office they will do the needful at the Labour office.

Its a tedious and one hell of a useless procedure, but we will have to go thru this as we are here and need to get our professions as per our education.

Hope this helps..All the best.. any clarification do not hesitate.

for all these procedure how many days i have to wait to get iqama
minimum how many days?

It takes hardly 2 weeks

I am Electrical Engineer.my profession on my iqama is Electrical Technician.can i apply for Saudi Council for engineers registration?will it be helpful to me in future?thanx please reply......

Asalam O Alaikum

Dear Sir,

I have Diploma of Electronics and also have a Pcb Design & Fabrication Cource i want to change the Iqama Proffession. Plz help Me.

@Shanirao22 > did you read the first post? It has been explained how you can change your Iqama..

maqboolpu wrote:

I am Electrical Engineer.my profession on my iqama is Electrical Technician.can i apply for Saudi Council for engineers registration?will it be helpful to me in future?thanx please reply......

Hi.. I dont think you need to chnge your profession into engineer..  You can avail visit visas and family visa on your current profession . And as of now there are no restrictions for ur profession So why simply take the headache.

dear friend,
   i'm on mechanical engineer visa but i'm an instrumentation engineer and certificates not attested. will it be a problem? please do help me..

i got only letter of acceptance from SCE and which they send to labour office......Are they issue any other letter or membership card?

Can we register in Saudi Council of Engineers online before changing profession. When i tried to register in SCE, message received that my current profession is not engineering.

I am Civil Engineer from India working in Jeddah. Although I am here on a Quantity Surveyor Visa, is the engineer registration mandatory for me too.

Umarkhan Pasha wrote:

I am Civil Engineer from India working in Jeddah. Although I am here on a Quantity Surveyor Visa, is the engineer registration mandatory for me too.

Only if your current profession on Iqama says 'some kind of Engineer'

Hi all,
I totally disagree with the reply from admin..as everybody know about the deadline to correct their status; so need to hurry in this case to change your profession as early as possible...To change your profession on Iqama as Engineer then you must go first for the certificate attestation from your country then only you are eligible to change your Iqama profession...SO hurry up to avail the given grace period....

Hi, My Iqama profession is Electrical Engineer, but my professional degree is Electronics Engineer, is their any issue for that, to get SCE membership ????

hassan.amin10 wrote:

Hi, My Iqama profession is Electrical Engineer, but my professional degree is Electronics Engineer, is their any issue for that, to get SCE membership ????

What was the outcome? did they accept?

Dear i have received a rejection message.

Dear Applicant, We regret to inform that your qualifications do not meet the criteria for registration at SCE for engineering profession; where the basic requirement is a FOUR YEAR DEGREE IN ENGINEERING from an accredited university.  You may please approach SCE to get an advice memo to Labor Office (Maktab Amal), if your Iqama carries an "Engineer" profession and should you need to process your residence permit/Iqama.  Regards,  Accreditation Center, SCE.         

what does this mean, what this memo will do.

@bilalshoaib

As salam alaikum brother, even my application got rejected with the same message. What did you do after this?

dear on 7th dec 2013 i will be going to the SCE office dammam.

registraion form of SEC

It has to be done online www.saudieng.sa

Dear i m from Pakistan.I want to register with saudi council of engineers bt i want to know that documents which needs to be uploaded on their site from where these documents should be attesed plz do reply if u know it will be a great favor for me....

i m a mech engineer, working as a MEP  enginner for a construction company. when i am applying for sce membership, i am being graded as an associate engineer(automatic option poping up on the website), while i would like to be graded as an engineer only..... any help on this sir ??? i have all the necessary documents required except for the work experience (attested) which is the reason why i want to be graded as an engineer only and not that associate one...got two months on iqama

indian10expat wrote:

i m a mech engineer, working as a MEP  enginner for a construction company. when i am applying for sce membership, i am being graded as an associate engineer(automatic option poping up on the website), while i would like to be graded as an engineer only..... any help on this sir ??? i have all the necessary documents required except for the work experience (attested) which is the reason why i want to be graded as an engineer only and not that associate one...got two months on iqama

i think to be higher rated , you have to show experience certificates. There is no issue in submitting as associate engineer, i had it , and my iqama shows Engineer. So there is no issue in that, its just a formality.

Do I need Saudi to accompany me to process this matters?

brother,

What kind of Attestation required on Previous working Experience certificates?
Like are they also to be attested by Saudi authorities back in home country?

my current profession on iqama is labor i want to change it into teacher. i want to ask that is there need to attest the degrees from my home country.because my mandoob says that only attest your degree fron foreighn affair office riyadh. is this right or not

sir i am muhammad naeem. i have 7 year experience in pakistan and 6 year experience in saudi arabia in bio medical. sir my profession on my iqama is bio medical technician. sir i want to change my iqama as bio medical engineer. i have three year associate engineer diploma in bio medical and B tech pass in electronics. can can i apply for Saudi Council for engineers registration. will it be helpful to me

What if the profession is engineer but the degree is quantity surveyor. can the saudi engineering council accept the registration?

Dear kindly briefly guide me i have done B-Tech (honor) electrical technology
4 year degree status...
So can I register as engineer in Saudia council.. Because I'm working as engineer in company but in iqama profession didn't change so now I want to change my profession to engineer thorough apply proper channel.. Is it possible please tell me
Thank you

this link might help you http://www.saudi-expatriates.com/2014/0 … n.html?m=1

Dear Admin,
I have processed my documents to the admin for professional change from labor to Engineer.
They replied back that we cannot change it anymore as per the new policies of ministry of labor (jawazath), Saudi Arabia .
May I know if it's true??

Kindly respond
Thanks ,
Mohammed Gulam Ahmed.

Gulamahmedmd wrote:

Dear Admin,
I have processed my documents to the admin for professional change from labor to Engineer.
They replied back that we cannot change it anymore as per the new policies of ministry of labor (jawazath), Saudi Arabia .
May I know if it's true??

Kindly respond
Thanks ,
Mohammed Gulam Ahmed.

Unfortunately, this is correct. I saw this officially announced in twitter a couple of weeks ago.

please Help me every body.
I am software engineer ,From Ethiopia  How can i get Iqama from my profession

You need to make membership on Saudi Engg Council website and upload the following Documents there.

1) Letter of Introduction from your company on which profession you are working (example: Software Engineer ). It should be stamped from Chamber of Commerce office. (In Arabic Ghufa Tijariya).
2) All Engineering Certificates Stamped from Saudi Embassy in your Country (Ethopia).
3) Present Iqama Copy.
4) Letter of Authorization which you can download from SEC Website when you are about to finish your registration process. Sign this letter and Scan it and upload it again.

All the above Documents should be scanned and uploaded from your SEC registration ID.

There is also a member ship fees and registration fees which you have to pay online on SEC website, Which is 500 SR and 750 SR.

And if you already have an Iqama then 1000 SR should be paid to Jawazat office which is the fees for change of profession on your Iqama.

My Iqama profession is steel fixer,i requested to company to give me company Letter with chamber of commerce and mofa .But my question is what should i mention in letter either iqama number or Passort number? because i read some where on internet iqama profeesion should same as job title mention in letter, please clear my dought.

My Iqama profession is steel fixer,i requested to company to give me company Letter with chamber of commerce and mofa .But my question is what should i mention in letter either iqama number or Passort number? because i read some where on internet iqama profeesion should same as job title mention in letter, please clear my dought.

ghouskgn wrote:

They need to mention your work in that letter.
It can be different than the profession on iqama.
The purpose of that letter to clearly stated your job role in the company.
And you don't need mofa, that letter will be attested from the chamber of commerce only.
And you should mention your iqama number.