Work Visa Info

Hi there,

I would love for someone to help me figure out the Mexican Work visa situation.

I am from Scotland, living in Celaya at the moment with my girlfriend - who is Mexican. I am a recent Engineering Graduate and want to start my career here.

I would be greatful if anyone has any tips or resources on helping me find out more about working legally in Mexico.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

Go over to Rollys web page

Hi David,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to ask more questions.

Thanks very much - very helpful

And if anyone knows of anyone seeking an Engineer - please let me know  :D

Muchas Gracias

Hi David

As I just came back from Mexico 5 days ago I would highly recommend finding a good friend who is already work over there. I was living in Playa del carmen for a year and I had an amazing time there. I would not get any offer without having a good friend over there and the company that I was forking for taking care of my visa which has to be renewed in every year!
Do you speak some spanish? You will need that is for sure. Like all the Americans and canadian go there because cheaper to live there but of course without speaking spanish. More difficult to find a job. In case if you speak 3 4 languages the situation changes a little bit- especially if you want to work in the hotel area. If you want to work somewhere else I would recommend to find a company from Ireland who transfers you to Oversea.
You can make an excellent money if you work as a manger an European based company as you will get your salary automatically in Euros or dollars.
Getting another kind of expereince for a year was supernice but for longer time regarding on your money is not enough. Well depends on how much money you need and what would you like to do there.

I hope I helped you!

Quedo su orden

csilla

Hi David, things related to Mexican immigration can be somewhat confusing, because, things tend to change over time; and everyone claims to be an expert.

However, if you want to work in Mexico you'll want to do so legally.

Initially, one would require a specific job offer/invitation from a company/employer. They would have to go to immigration on your behalf and have a letter prepared. You have to return to your country of origin and take this document to the local Mexican consulate there. They then prepare a Visa for you to re-enter the country. Then, once back in Mexico, you take the Visa to the immigration office, and a Temporary Resident permit card is given to you (usually initially for one year). It seems complicated, and it is somewhat. So, you'll need a potential employer who is patient, and really wants you to work with them. If someone tells you that this is all possible to do while still in Mexico, they are mistaken. Rules changed awhile back, and, you have to initiate the process in your home country.

Other ways to get status involve being in a profession of very high status, where you can get immigration approval on your own. Or, if you are investing in the country and/or buying real estate at a specified price point.

I would advise you to contact a bilingual immigration consultant to assist you.

All the best,
David

I ve a mexico visa,are there opportuities there?