Wild Turkey

Hi,

I'm going to Mauritius for my wedding on the 28th of December. My partner only drinks Wild Turkey and i'm not sure if i can get it in Mauritius. Does anyone know if they sell Wild Turkey there? If not i will have to either bring it with me or send a carton from Australia to Maurtius. If i do that, does anyone know what the import duty will be on spirits?

Thank you

Hello Loella10.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more visibility, a new thread has been created from your message on the Mauritius forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,
custom duties are:
sparkling wine Rs 126/l
champagne Rs600/l
fortified wine Rs150/l and
normal wine Rs 126/l

hope this helps
Andrew

Thanks Andrew. If that's the price for Champagne, i'm guessing Bourbon will be more expensive. It might not really be worth it in the end!:/

You can bring 1L duty-free per pax and, in any case, you'd better travel with it.

The Mauritius Revenue Authority can provide you more information and get you an idea of which taxes you'll have to pay.

Loella10 wrote:

Thanks Andrew. If that's the price for Champagne, i'm guessing Bourbon will be more expensive. It might not really be worth it in the end!:/

Here's the list. sorry forgot to include Whiskey it's Rs750/l

http://mcci.org/photos/exciseact10.pdf

so yes, spirits are expensive but wine is not that bad especially if you have some fine wine to bring in.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew :-)

HI loella - you can get WT here but you may need a mortgage to pay for it - get your mate to get himself used to black Jack before he gets here or better still instill the idea that he may never again have the opportunity to experience Mauritian Rum - he wont remember the difference by the time he gets back to Oz - trust me - I never have!