Ebay purchase confusion.

Assalamu Alykum,

I am about to buy an item from ebay using paypal. The seller ships the item through my ebay address.

I have the street name correct, the phone number correct, as well. However, I am confused as to what is my zipcode? The nearest zip code to me is 11492. I wrote in my mobile number, may someone please enlighten me about the procedure of shipping to my home.

Hello KhalidOkiely.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Thanks Aurelie :)

Hello

I am not sure what you mean  when you say the seller ships to your "eBay" address. I know that some eBay sellers do not like to sell or ship overseas for fear that they may get scammed so some eBay buyers get an eBay address in the sellers home country. Is that what u mean by your. eBay address? In the US and Canada the zip code is a code assigned by the postal service to each town. The zip code tells the central post office which regional post office to send the package to and from there the mail carrier can then sort and deliver mail. If your so  called eBay address is in the US or Canada  it should already have a zip code as part of the address.  I am assuming that you are contracting with someone outside your country to receive the package on your behalf and then forward it o you in your home country.  Why don't you ask the person managing your eBay address to educate you on which part of the address the zip code is. It is usually the last part of the address  following the state.  Or you can look up the zip code online by going to the website of the  US post office.  They have a zip code search feature.  I hope this helps you. Best of luck with your purchase.

Regards

Suchan11

Well, I am truly sorry for the very late reply.
To answer your doubts about my question; I ordered it to here directly from a seller in China. Here in Saudi Arabia, we don't really have any fixed "post code" to drop in a package by. We, however, have zip addresses five characters long.

At the worst case scenario, should I go to the nearest post office and ask them about the item? What information should I give them in order to know the status about the shipment?

Thanks in advance.

KhalidOkiely wrote:

Well, I am truly sorry for the very late reply.
To answer your doubts about my question; I ordered it to here directly from a seller in China. Here in Saudi Arabia, we don't really have any fixed "post code" to drop in a package by. We, however, have zip addresses five characters long.

Only USA has ZIP (Zone Improvement Plan) codes, as they were implemented by USPS back in the day. You have a regular postal code which is similar in terms of postal delivery with the well know ZIP code.

KhalidOkiely wrote:

At the worst case scenario, should I go to the nearest post office and ask them about the item? What information should I give them in order to know the status about the shipment?

In fact deliveries work in KSA in a different way. The most important thing in your address is your cell number. As soon as the shipment reaches, someone will call you from post office to enquire about your location.

Companies in China send shipments to KSA via EMS in 2 ways:

Normal Orders (Non-Registered Post): The shipment takes around 30-40 days. The senders don't provide tracking info facility. You just have to sit back and wait.

Expedited Orders (Registered Post): The shipment takes 4-5 business days. The senders do provide tracking info facility and you can check the status online.

The EMS outlets here are affiliated with Saudi Post. May sound like bad news: the person who'll call from post office will probably not know any English.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

The EMS outlets here are affiliated with Saudi Post. May sound like bad news: the person who'll call from post office will probably not know any English.

The good news, on the other hand, I do speak more than 3 languages including Arabic. So it's probably a no-brainer. I did include my cell phone info correctly. According to what you're saying, I sould just sit back and wait for the call since the shipment is a regular one.

Many thanks, sir!

That's how I get my shipments from China Khalid :)

My recent shipment proved to be disastrous. The shipment arrived during the holidays week and then went back to China. I'm trying to get it re-shipped.

All the Best!

Well, I guess it just takes a few times(probably just one time) to get used to the entire shipment system here.

Many thanks, again :)

hi ebay i have ordered an elctric scooter when will it arrive

kareem359 wrote:

hi ebay i have ordered an elctric scooter when will it arrive

Try ebay customer support.