Buying a tablet

#1 24 October 2012 11:18:35

potomac76
potomac76
Ho Chi Minh City

Buying a tablet

Is there a good shop to buy a entry level tablet so that I can use the internet connection at my apartment for subscribing to Skype/Nymgo for making international calls. I dont want to buy a laptop as i guess these are expensive. Pls suggest a shop where one can buy reasonably priced tablets.

#2 24 October 2012 12:39:31

shirtviet
shirtviet
HCMC

Re: Buying a tablet

Hi poto

for things like this i trust the bigger shops more.
just in case of warranty....

i prefer Phong vu
phongvu.vn/
never had problems there... and cheaper than others too

#3 25 October 2012 08:53:44

Jaitch
Jaitch
Buon Ma Thuot, DakLak

Get a netbook - ASUS EeePC is rugged (my wife has dropped hers at 19 times with no damage) has a keyboard, speakers, camera, mic, USB connectors, hard drive, audio jacks. video input/output connectors, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, runs most any Windows software (USD$1/DVD combo copy software. And you can double your RAM to 4Gb.

I even use one to drive my presentation projector.

Around the same price as a mid/upper end tablet. Damn great battery lasts around 11-12 hours and can be switched out with a spare.

The slight extra weight is inconsequential to the added facilities.

I wouldn't buy Acer, in VietNam they have strange ways of interpreting the warranty conditions - usually "No, not covered".

Avoid Toshiba, too, as they have no company office in VN.

P.S. My employer gets pads and programs them for industrial use but I still prefer a real keyboard and a display protected by it's cover.

#5 26 October 2012 10:58:45

WorzelGummidge

I got me a little netbook and it is wonderful. Battery lasts a day, and it has much more bells and whistles in acessories.

Looked at Apple pads - no good, few of the external connections. Same with most of them pads, too.

Me netbook is made by Asus, one year old now. It's called EeePC but I an't read the model number as the label is made for midgets with small eyes.

Last edited by WorzelGummidge (26 October 2012 10:59:39)

#7 26 October 2012 13:42:08

KHT
KHT
ho chi minh

Hi,

I know a friend that sell a tablet NEXUS 7 16gb. It's a new one with good price. It's only 275$.
If you are interesting, and need more details, you can follow this link: facebook.com/le.ontran.315
that is his facebook.

Last edited by KHT (26 October 2012 13:49:09)

#8 31 October 2012 14:32:36

Jayhawk
Jayhawk
Ho Chi Minh City

Anyone know where one can find the new Nexus 7 32gb or where I might find it in the near future? The US price is $250 will it be a higher price in Vietnam?

#9 02 November 2012 19:37:08

Teacher Mark

Jayhawk wrote:

Anyone know where one can find the new Nexus 7 32gb or where I might find it in the near future? The US price is $250 will it be a higher price in Vietnam?

http://www.dienmay.com/may-tinh-bang/google-nexus-7

Not the 32 GB, but you  can add the extra memory?

Here's the Google hits for the 32GB.  It helps to write TpHCM, instead of HCMC, since that's how the locals write it. .  http://goo.gl/COIPD 

You can run the link through Google Translate, if you didn't know that already.

http://translate.google.com/

Last edited by Teacher Mark (02 November 2012 19:48:43)

#10 03 November 2012 00:41:50

Jaitch
Jaitch
Buon Ma Thuot, DakLak

Jayhawk wrote:

The US price is $250 will it be a higher price in Vietnam?

Prices are often better here than other countries - depending on manufacturer.

NOTE the ASUS Nexus pad is undergoing a software update to V4.2 - it will be downloaded to pads with earlier software.

Remember this version has no external memory extension.

ASUS has in country service near the CMT8/Nguyen Thi Minh Khai area, close by Panasonic, Brother, etc.

#11 03 November 2012 02:11:09

ledinhhieu2008
ledinhhieu2008
Ho Chi Minh City

Jayhawk wrote:

hi friend. The new Nexus was released on october 29th in US with $249 and in Vietnam it not sold officially.but, if you want to have nexus 7 now, you can follow this link and contact with them to negotiate the price.
http://zshop.vn/google-nexus-7-32gb-3g-den.html
Tel: (08)66 796 400
hotline: 0922 022 022
best regard.

Expatriate health insurance Ho Chi Minh City
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City.
>> Click here
Expat banking Ho Chi Minh City
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Ho Chi Minh City
A few tips from professionals about moving to Ho Chi Minh City.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Ho Chi Minh City
Don't worry and travel happy across Ho Chi Minh City.
>> Click here