Acrylic Paints and other Art Supplies?

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy these things?  I know Le Loi has some art supply places but I would prefer more local prices.

Thanks!

Hi,

I know a place in Nguyen lam street, off Phan Dang Luu street, Phu Nhuan district.  Oils, Acrylics, Canvas and Paint brushes.
Supply place for students.

You can search it in Google maps, Nguyen Lam is a small hem off Phan Dang Luu Street.

Very very reasonable prices, much cheaper than Le Loi Street. They tend to buy from this woman.

Nguyen Lam Street, off Phan Dang Luu Street
Quan Phu Nhuan, TP HCM

Oils, Acrylics, Canvas and Paint brushes. Student Supply place.

Art Friend
24 Lê Thị Riêng, P. Bến Thành
Quan 1, TP HCM

Phuong Bac General Trading Co, Ltd
{Duy Tan Plaza, 10 Street 3/2, Ward 12
Quan 10, TP HCM
Tel: +84 8 3862 3492

Hi
I know 1 place which have a lot of art supplies include acrylics, oil, gouche, water colors made in UK, Holland, France, Germany, Japan, China, etc... It's called Họa Phẩm 62. The shop is located at 12 Nguyen Duy street, Phan Dang Luu District. The price of those art supplies are very cheep and the shop have variety kind of art supplies for architecture, sculpture, designer and especially for fine art. Here's a website:

mag.dxsaigon.com/where-to-buy-art-supplies-in-saigon/

you can see the shop in this or you can search Họa Phẩm 62 in facebook for more detail.

Just come there 1 time i guarantee you will come back again :D

Hi an william,

Welcome to expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your participation on this thread. However, it is a bit outdated here since 2012.

You are most welcomed to react on more recent threads on the Ho Chi Minh City forum.

Cheers,
Bhavna

(Since all the "art supply stores in Saigon" threads are old, I will also add more stores to this thread thereby making it the current thread, instead of creating yet another one...!)

Today I drove by three art supply stores on Nguyễn Đình Chiểu just inside District 3. The block is between Phạm Ngọc Thạch and Pasteur. It is a one-way street, so from District 1 take Phạm Ngọc Thạch (the Notre Dame Street) northwest past the Turtle Lake fountain-roundabout and turn left at the next street, Nguyễn Đình Chiểu.
Or in Google Maps, search for the bus stop "138b Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam" to pinpoint the block. The stores are behind the Vietnam National University / Ho Chi Minh City University of Architecture so they must cater to students.