Sponsorship for employment in the states...

Could someone give me some solid advice on the above topic?

l'm forty one and have gone over my time limit for a regular visa.

Am l right in thinking it costs 800 dollars to file for someone and you have to prove that the job should go to a emigrant and not a regular citizen.

l'm hoping to go to Nth. Carolina so am not 100 percent sure of how the filing system works there.

Would appreciate any advice from residents living in the Raleigh Durham triangle area.

Thanks

Sinead.

Hello you can look up all of the information on the US State Departments website.  All of the visa information and criteria is there. Good luck.  Usually u can get a visa if you are trained in a profession where we are lacking skilled workers.  Even something like a native speaker of Arabic and a university degree may get you a visa.  Good luck

Thanks for the reply, what particular department website should l look up, because there's a quagmire of information out there.

Hi sinead looby,

Welcome to expat-blog. I hope you'll get some advice soon!

Melissa

Go to www.statedept.gov/ and  click on the tab that says visas from there there is a tab for immigration to the US or another tab for visit visa. I tried to post the link but was unsuccessful .You might be able to access the visa page directly by typing in : travel.statedept.gov  at least that is how it works from the US also the applications for the diversity lottery are open until November 3rd I think. That may be another option.

couldn't access that site, l have entered the lottery visa again for the third time, but not feeling optimistic about it.....