Best way to find a flat in Islamabad?

Hi. I'm coming to Islamabad next spring and would like to rent a flat for a year. Does anyone know good ways to find one? local classifieds? website I should look at?
Thanks!

Hi karaan & welcome to the forum!

An intro maybe?;)

For the accommodation, I invite you to post an advert in the section Housing in Islamabad, it may help.

Harmonie.

The best way is to get help from a local resident...local classifieds may charge above average rents... foreigners can be more vulnerable...if you google you will find a lot of websites...but there is no well known website which i can recommend "very popular" one...what people do when they come here is, that they seek services from real estate agents who have the information regarding rentals...and they usually charge for their service a sum equal to half of the agreed rent amount of the house  from both sides (Tenant and Lesser)...if you can write more about your budget for the residence you are looking for & the area where you want to live...or you will start your work, then i can give you some idea....i will not ask for any charges or payments for me...i have a very good Tax-accounting & Corporate filing job...and doing CIMA as well....if you have some friend here in Islamabad who can help you then go for it....but if you make this deal sitting abroad then i am concerned only about above average charges..and may you not find a location that suits your requirements....good luck and welcome you to Pakistan....

bahria town

karaan wrote:

Hi. I'm coming to Islamabad next spring and would like to rent a flat for a year. Does anyone know good ways to find one? local classifieds? website I should look at?
Thanks!

[moderated: no free ads please]