Moving to Solwezi - any advice/tips much appreciated

We are moving to Solwezi from the UK and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to bring if anything in particular. 
We have two young children (2yrs and 9 months) and wanted to know if there were others out there with young children to keep them entertained on a daily basis whilst partners were at work.

Hello mlaxhman.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will soon give you some advices.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Guess my reply would be a bit late but I am sure you would be settled in Solwezi by now.

It must be a bit of a shocker to you coming from UK and to Solwezi of all places in Zambia.  If it was Lusaka, Livingstone or the Copperbelt, would have been bearable but good luck in Solwezi.  Not sure you would have many things to keep the kids occupied or entertained during the day.

All the same, good luck in the new environment.

Cheers

Hi mlaxhman,
I hope this reply is not too late. Welcome. I believe you are coming to work and live at the mining estate? I live at Solwezi at the mining estate. The houses are fully furnished. To know exactly what is on the house. Ask the housing department here to send you a list of things in the house. This is what I did. For the kids, there is a lot of families with kids of same age as yours. There is a play group that meets often.

Thanks for the replies...we are due to arrive after Christmas so hope to see you all out there in the New Year.
Have a lovely Christmas.

Welcome to Zambia --Good luck in Solwezi the next Major town in the Copper belt

Hi I hope you are not working for FQM .

Watch out for this company Tabikeng construction in Camaroon they are a bunch of scammers offering expat jobs .    dont deal with them