Cost of Living in Stans for family of 4

My husband has been offered a position in Stans. We have two daughters, a 1 year old and a 2 and a half year old. I would like to know what the average salary is we would need (more or less) to support our family. I've been struggling to find some information on nursery and pre-school costs. Any information on average costs on accommodation, transport, healthcare, food (especially nappies and formule milk), electricity and gas etc will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Christel

Hello Christel.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to read this thread on Cost of living in Switzerland.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurélie

I can't find any information on baby expenses such as pampers nappies and formula milk. Also no information on what we can expect to pay for creches and nursery schools. Do you have any information on this?

Thanks
Christel

Hi Christel,

You could check out other threads on the Schools & studies in Switzerland forum and Children in Switzerland forum as well.

To get a rough idea what common things as food etc. cost, I would advise you to have a look around on the online-stores of the major Swiss supermarkets Migros and Coop
leshop.ch
coopathome.ch

On the subject of nurseries and pre-schools... I'm not an expert on that (I don't have kids), but according to the homepage of a nursery in Nidwalden (chinderhuis.ch) the cost will depend on your annual household income. As far as I'm aware a place in a nursery is only then cost effective if the partner of the main bread winner (in this case you), works at least 50%.

Pre-schools aka Kindergarten (normally starting at age 3-4) are usually state funded and are therefore free.

People with kids are encouraged to correct me. :)

Regards Manuel

Dears, I am planning move to Stans on next months.
Could someone please inform the typical cost of living on that city ?
My family is composed of me, my wife, and three daighters.
Thanks in advance.

Pnovais wrote:

Dears, I am planning move to Stans on next months.
Could someone please inform the typical cost of living on that city ?
My family is composed of me, my wife, and three daighters.
Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

For cost of living try this website www.numbeo.com