Going to Bahrain for the weekend

Hi everyone,
This is my first post, I am here indeed since only few days and staying for two weeks.
I would like to know if someone could advise me on the possibilities for going to Bahrain for the weekend (next weekend actually)
-avis rental was sold out. Are there some other car rental services ?
-are there like bus lines or drivers with vans? do you have some contacts to recommend?
-or any other way?

thanks!
Pierre Louis

Be careful--there's a lot of protesting/rioting going on in Manama (or at least there was last weekend).

Well I plan on going to Bahrain next weekend... so they better not do anything... they have been forewarned :P

plouis wrote:

Hi everyone,
-are there like bus lines or drivers with vans? do you have some contacts to recommend?

There is a VIP Express Bus that goes to Dammam.  You can then catch the bus from Dammam to Bahrain.  There used to be a bus that goes to Bahrain (stopping in Dammam) but I think they have discontinued that service.

PS.  This info re the bus service is from Riyadh.  Just realized you are in Jubail.

I tried last tiem with my car, it was fun.

For car rental, try diplomat its also on olaya. Diplomat rent a car.
But you gotcha be hurry as if you intend to hire you need a letter from Maroor as well which is a permission to take care out of the country.

Bahrain is nice plc, just watch out for protests and stay within main areas of Manama.

[Moderated]

I am Indian want to go by Bus to Bahrain
- Do Indian need visa for Bahrain by how much
-which travel agency has a bus for Bahrain

Just go by your car to the bridge, before immigration area you will find a restaurants' compound which has also a taxi office called Sahara as far as I remember, they charge 200SAR.