Job seeking for low educated non EU citizens.

Hi everyone,
I am from Malaysia and currently been living in The Netherlands for 6 months. I don't speak Dutch fluently yet, but I've been told that my Dutch is sufficient enough to find a job. My highest education is upper secondary school. Which I understand is the level of education where you would have completed at the age of 16.

I have 11 years experience working in the service industry, namely restaurants, hotels and retail. I speak fluent English and Malay,sufficient Mandarin, some other chinese dialect and currently learning Dutch.

Despite the crisis going on in the job market, where do I stand in finding a job which I have a passion for? Which is retail sales. I keep getting rejections from the job applications I had sent for, without a direct and clear message of what I might be lacking.

I have tried a lot of the websites and Uitzendbureaus as well as walking into shops with vacancy signs with a resume at hand. Any Dutch recruiters who can help me?

Hello Meisje.

You can try to post an advert in the Jobs in the Netherlands section. It could help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I do not know if you are geographically mobile or if you prefer to stay in the area where you are living.
Option one: taxi driver where a knowledge from your area is expected but not always necessary.
Option two: HoReCa (HOtel REstaurant CAfe)it would be possible to find a job but now you have in Europe the winter which attracts less tourists.

Option three: work from home. It is definitely my preference because your are writing fluently English and you control your hours. It is not a fast scheme but for my part it is what I did when I moved to Australia. The job I have now help me to build contacts, brings income and follow me everywhere I go.
It makes that I will never have the problem to find again a job.
Of you need to work to get results.
You can still contact me if you need more info.

I wish you success.

Stephan

To Aurélie,
I tried posting there but no luck. Nor specified to my inquires. Thus I put a post here. I tried a lot of website and posted my CV on a number of Dutch job boards. It's just not the best time especially with the economy at the moment.

To Stephan,

I'd like to use my English language skills to get a job. It sounds like a more likely possibility in these times of economic crisis. Could you tell me more?
Option 1- taxi driver, I've never driven nor have the license to drive.
Option 2- HoReCa, the area where I am living in, is a small countryside in the east of The Netherlands, thus one has to be near fluent in Dutch to communicate with the locals.I went for an interview and tried out for a day, the restaurant owner told me he'd hire me when my Dutch is better. I've been living here for 9 mths and am able to speak a reasonable amount of Dutch.

Thank you and Happy 2013 to everyone!

You are right work with your strongest skills.
The fastest way to earn honestly money online is get an affiliate program. If you are unfamiliar with affiliate marketing let me share a quick overview. Let's take a look at a business model you are familiar with, the traditional business. In order to make money, Company A hires sales people to help sell their products to the consumer. The sales people are then rewarded in the form of a commission for the products they help the company to sell. Affiliate marketing is basically the same concept. However affiliate marketing allows you to work in the comfort of your home on your computer or where ever you can find an internet connection.

send me an email on [[email protected][/email]PS: last but not least as a traditional business it is normal that the program is free of charge. Yes nothing to pay to earn money which is logic, isn't?

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

I am a filipino, i  have the same problem.....its very hard to find a job.....i am on my 10th month already here in the Netherlands.....i can speak dutch already but not perfect for now.....i just finished my inburgering  studies  in doetinchem and will do my last exam this sept 15 2014.....

any help? ideas  and tips, i applied so many bedrijf and internet vacancies.. but no good results..
i am living in achterhoek area....
i am only 3rd yr college in my country.....i   am a hardworking person in my country and in my previous jobs in  restaurants, printing press, and any hard labor works  for i have a very strong and healthy body...

i am hoping somebody could help me on my problem.....my number is 0610663935