Living cost in oman

sana121 wrote:

Hi i got a job offer as an electrical engineer in oman salary offerd 500omr with furnished shared accomodation now i m in india getting 15000 inr in hand is it good  to go ahead

Hi sana121,

The salary you are getting currently in India translates roughly to about R.O. 93/per month.

Compared to that, you have now been offered R.O. 500/per month, which if converted to Indian Rupees is about 80,514/per month.

Given the huge difference in your current and promised monthly income, I don't think there's anything more to be decided here !

Good luck.

sana121 wrote:

Hi i got a job offer as an electrical engineer in oman salary offerd 500omr with furnished shared accomodation now i m in india getting 15000 inr in hand is it good  to go ahead

If you move in as a bachelor and your transport and accommodation is catered for and you don't wish to spend a lavish lifestyle you can easily save about 350-400  of these. Which is about 50000 to 60000 Rupees.

Hope you will have more experience then you will get triple salary of what you have in Oman now.

Cheers
MAZ

Hii I also get job offer at Oman...and shared accommodation is provided by company. I want to know. How theses  accommodation are as per your experience???

jimit026 wrote:

Hii I also get job offer at Oman...and shared accommodation is provided by company. I want to know. How theses  accommodation are as per your experience???

Hi jimit026,

If the company is providing you with accommodation then it is part of the package and you do not have to pay anything extra.

Accommodation conditions would vary vastly depending on the company as well as the level of the employee. Some top-tier companies offer really good facilities for its employees, while most of all the smaller companies provide only the basics.

The place of accommodation also matters a lot. It all depends on how financially strong and stable the company is, so that their investments made on their employees justifies their status.

Hello everybody
I have been offered a job of Branch Manager in Muscat and would like to know what could be the average cost of living there for a family with three kids 2,6 and 9 years old.
Osama

oabdelbaset wrote:

Hello everybody
I have been offered a job of Branch Manager in Muscat and would like to know what could be the average cost of living there for a family with three kids 2,6 and 9 years old.
Osama

Hi oabdelbaset,

To know about the average cost of living, read the posts under the topic of 'cost of living'.

See, it's simple.

Thank you Sumitran for your reply, I'm checking the post now
It will be more helpful for me if you can mention some links for:
1- Hypermarket site or a source for goods prices (Food, Groceries, household, etc.)
2- Accommodation rent site
3- Used (second hand) Furniture and housing stuff
4- Used cars for sale
your cooperation is highly appreciated
thanks

oabdelbaset wrote:

Thank you Sumitran for your reply, I'm checking the post now
It will be more helpful for me if you can mention some links for:
1- Hypermarket site or a source for goods prices (Food, Groceries, household, etc.)
2- Accommodation rent site
3- Used (second hand) Furniture and housing stuff
4- Used cars for sale
your cooperation is highly appreciated
thanks

Hi oabdelbaset,

No point checking all of these remotely.

(1) Once you are in Oman you will know your place of residence. Then look around for the closest shopping outlets.

(2) For accommodation, the best would be for you to identify the neighborhood where you wish to live. And take a walk / drive around and you will see buildings with 'For Rent' signboards and contact telephone numbers. Call them, see the place and finalise the villa / house / flat to your liking.

Another alternative is to scan the local dailies in the 'For Rent' classified columns. You will find a lot of listings there as well.

(3) There are many such shops in places like Al Hamriya, Muttrah, Ruwi, etc - this side of town. Am sure there are many such areas on the other side of town as well - like Al Khoud, Al Seeb, Al Hail, etc. And also in between, like AL Khuwair, Al Qurum, Wattayah, etc.

(4) Almost all car dealers also have a 'Used Car' division attached to their main showrooms. They can be mostly found in the Al Wattayah area.

Again, like I mentioned before, unless you are physically present here in Muscat none of these would actually make any sense.

Hi :cheers: ,
I got the job in oman company it is in ruwi. They are giving basic salary as OR 500 moreover,  they will paid for accomdation directly to the landlord through lease agreement. Medical & insurance, transportation given from company.  I need ur help please advice me, 1.how come much max. Monthly expense for husband and wife...? 2.Accomdation rent (single, double, triple bedroom house) in cities nd outer areas...?

rajamanoharan wrote:

Hi :cheers: ,
I got the job in oman company it is in ruwi. They are giving basic salary as OR 500 moreover,  they will paid for accomdation directly to the landlord through lease agreement. Medical & insurance, transportation given from company.  I need ur help please advice me, 1.how come much max. Monthly expense for husband and wife...? 2.Accomdation rent (single, double, triple bedroom house) in cities nd outer areas...?

Hi rajamanoharan,

To bring your wife on family joining visa, your minimum salary must be R.O. 600/- per month. You will qualify for applying only then.

If you care to read the numerous posts available in this forum you will get a good idea of the cost of living in Muscat.

Accommodation options available are many. Whatever is your budget, you can find accommodation. You can get a single room sharing accommodation from, say, as low as R.O. 50/- a month, to a top-end villa going up to a few thousand rials per month.