Extension of stay after arriving with visa Exemption (Malaysian)

Hi,
I'm a Malaysian citizen and I entered Vietnam without a visa (and got 30 days permission to stay). I would like to stay in Vietnam longer (probably a total stay of up to 50 days) but so far I have trouble finding clear information on the possibility of an extension of my stay.

One website of the Malaysian ministery of foreign affairs says:
" Extention of stay more than 30 days after arrival in Vietnam is considerd but only for business matters only and it must be sponsored by a local business counter part. Extention of stay is considerd case by case."
Does anyone have any experience with this? and is it really impossible to get an extension without business related sponsorship? (I am traveling for pleasure, not business)

In case it is impossible to get an extension, does anyone know what the procedure is for doing a visa run when you are exempted for visa? Could I just get a new stamp at the border immigration or do I really need to enter a neighbouring country for a certain period?

Thank you for any information/experiences. I've been searching online for a while now but haven't got much wiser...

Warm regards,
Marge

All you need do is to go to the immigration Department on Nguyen Du (District 1) and buy a visa.

Just ask for a tourist visa (1 or 3 months). Sometimes they will extend your free entry. JUST SAY YOU ARE VISITING and looking at the scenery, etc. Don't mention work.

Avoid Ripoffs! Avoid Visa Agents you don't know / not recommended by member!

Jaitch wrote:

All you need do is to go to the immigration Department on Nguyen Du (District 1) and buy a visa.

[b]Just ask for a tourist visa (1 or 3 months)

How much should the 3 month visa be..? and can one just do this over and over again...?

Jaitch, Thanks a lot for the information and warning! I'll avoid agents until I know exactly what my options are.

Do you (or anyone) happen to know what the cost of a visa at the immigration in HCM is (for just 30 days) and how long it takes them to process the visa?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible for me to just go to a border and get a new stamp in my pasport (since entree is free for me)