Reaching out to any British expats in Mauritius

Hi,

I am planning to move there in the near future if there are any fellow Brits/western expats interested in making a new friend..

Best wishes,

Leila

Hello Leila. :)

Here is the list of British expatriates in Mauritius.

What kind of informations are you looking for?
Do not hesitate to ask your questions. Other members can be able to help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Aurélie,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I'm particularly keen to speak to banks, financial service cos, investment and asset/wealth management houses. Although I will consider any senior employment opportunities. Any help with this would be so gratefully appreciated; especially as I have been trying for two years now.

Kind regards,

Leila

Hello Leila. :)

These articles on Work/Labor market in Mauritius could help.

The Jobs in Mauritius section is available. You should post an advert there.

Wish you good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hi Leila,
My name is Patrick and I lived here for 7 years. I do not know if you have a page on Linkedin or Viadeo sites? If this is not the case it is necessary to easily find new contacts and grab the best oportunities. I can direct you to very interesting contacts.
The important thing before all this is to have a work permit.
Regards
Patrick

Hi

I have been here for 14 months but originally from Scotland.  There is a Professionals in Mauritius group on LinkedIn you might join.  There has jobs on it.  However I do know from others that because Mauritius is a small island its easier to get a job once you are here than try and get one from overseas.  There are a few job agencies here but the market is not as sophisticated as the UK usually because it relies on personal networks.  You need to have a job before you can get an occupational permit.  You will need a return ticket too. 

Frances

Hi Patrick, Frances,

Thank you both very much indeed for the helpful pointers. I was approached by a couple of companies in the end with interesting employment opportunities but as it turns out I am tied to the UK for the time being. Once that changes I will no doubt look back into this again or at the very least visit for a holiday!

Wishing you both the very best with your Mauritian adventures,

Leila

Hi

How are you finding Mauritius?

i am a 33 year old British born Mauritian and I am coming over in June for 4 weeks and would love to meet up with any expats.

I am also a freshly qualified teacher and am thinking of teaching English with the British council, but want to feel out Mauritius first.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated or would be happy to meet for lunch if your free during June.

Regards
Natasha

Hi Natasha,

I'm actually still in the UK but I do hope you get some good tips and contacts. This blog is pretty good for that and there's some lovely, helpful people on here. I suggest you post separately to this (if you haven't already) as it will probably receive more views that way.

Happy networking! And hope you have a fab time in June :)

Leila

Hi,

I am from UK and staying here for a few month,like you, I want to meet new people. Wild you be interested in hiking?

Hi Natasha,

I think this is meant for you...

Jealous as would have loved to go hiking!!

Enjoy :)

Leila

Hey, lets do a group of us for hiking,

Hey Kam Pate,

Afraid as per my above posts I am not in Mauritius. Would have def been up for it otherwise! I suggest you write a separate post.. There are some great folk over there so I'm sure your post will be positively received :)

Best wishes,

Leila

hmmmm that great idea hiking, i know a trail walk at mare au vacoas less than 30min it called sofie and ebene, trail walk also at bras d'eau.

Hey,

Trail walk sounds good.

Do you want to start a new thread, so we can see who else is interested.

Welcome lovely friend i wish you the best for you.Paul

Hi,
Hope you manage to get a job in Mauritius.

You will find that you will make lots of friends here not just British ones, people here in Mauritius are very friendly and it's good to have many friends from all walks of life and all nationalities :)

Good luck :)

hi im based in flic en flac, and hiking would be a great getaway. From london been coming here for a few years now. looking to meet up with expats.

mikie

Hi Mikie,

Hope you're linking up with people on this thread and others on this site.. Some great people on here.

Best wishes,

Leila

Hi Mike,

I too come here from London normally, once a year and like you I live in Flic en Flac.

We should try to get a few people together and meet up in Lavida - what do you think?

Regards

Kam

Hello everyone,

This is really a very good initiative that you want to meet people and to build relationships.
Therefore, why not trying to set a date and time for the meeting? I think this could be fun.  :idontagree:

Note that the Expat.com team can also help you to organize this meeting.
My personal opinion about the place : i love going to Lavida !! I think that you will really enjoy there. ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :D

Dear All,

How about trying to organising for next weekend?

I too love Lavida.

Regards,

Kam

Hi to all,

It would be great if expat-blog could help us organise going to lavida.

Regards,

Kam