Degree Verification Necessary???

I will be coming to muscat.I want to know that is degree verification necessary in order to get a job and visa????

Hello jack2613.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Can you please introduce yourself?
You should be more explicit so that we can guide you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi jack2613,

Yeah I think it is necessary, my company had asked me to get my degree certificate attested, I was in Oman at that time and had sent my certificates with an attestation agency. (The back of my degree certificate was full of seals, home office etc)

But if you are in your home country, the process should be considerably easier and quicker....

Thanks rammy87 for your answer.Also thanks aurelie for your contribution.Any more answer will be appreciated...
Thanks,

I only provided them with an electronic copy.  I brought an original, but nobody asked for it.  They were more interesting in fingerprinting me and taking photos... multiple times.
And I did my residency just last week, before Eids, so it is the latest possible info.

waters4444 wrote:

I only provided them with an electronic copy.  I brought an original, but nobody asked for it.  They were more interesting in fingerprinting me and taking photos... multiple times.
And I did my residency just last week, before Eids, so it is the latest possible info.

Thanks 4 ur reply waters4444.very appreciated.

You are welcome.  I even had to go home to pick up those originals and it cost me time and money, so was a bit disappointed nobody wanted them. But the agency tells me sometimes they ask for originals.  Depends on the company you work for and country of origin. They told me that it was difficult to get visa for Egyptians.

waters4444 wrote:

You are welcome.  I even had to go home to pick up those originals and it cost me time and money, so was a bit disappointed nobody wanted them. But the agency tells me sometimes they ask for originals.  Depends on the company you work for and country of origin. They told me that it was difficult to get visa for Egyptians.

Dziękuję again waters4444.

As per the latest Omani Guidelines for issuing a working visa, an attested copy of your degree certificate is mandatory.

We have a copy of the Ministry of Manpower letter at our office, though I cant attach it in this forum, I am sure the links below should throw some light on the issue.

oman.blsattestation.com/faqs.php

alec.ae/careers/employment-visa/

.omanforum.com/forums/showthread.php?19776-Certificate-Attestation-for-expats

Jack!
The degree should be attested by HEC (Higher Education Commission) Pakistan. then to foreign affaurs and Oman councellate in Pakistan and then to be brought here at Oman. Once you come here, your degree will go to the ministry of foreign affairs Oman for the final verification and afterwards you'll be directed for the visa procedure.

An alternate to it is....  if your degree is not attested by the Oman councelate in Pakistan, then after you come here at Muscat, get it Arabic translated from an authorized translator and then from Chamber of COmmerce Muscat. Afterwards it would go for further process.

Your highest degree(s) must be attested or apostle to remain safe

Hi,Few companies are asking for highest degree to be attested by the Ministry of your resident country.
However it is advisable to get it attested because Employer may ask for it.

Hi There,

I got offer from a Oman firm. I was asked to farward the Attested original degree certificate to oman. Is that a must for getting VISA?

Absolutely, yes !

Well i got job offer and attested all my docs from HEC, MoFA ans Omani Embassy in Islamabad. I only emailed them the scan copies of all documents and they didn't asked for the original and its even safe to do so... Now its been 2 weeks n no reply from company only that docs were forwarded to MoHE. How long will it takes?

liverpoollfc wrote:

Well i got job offer and attested all my docs from HEC, MoFA ans Omani Embassy in Islamabad. I only emailed them the scan copies of all documents and they didn't asked for the original and its even safe to do so... Now its been 2 weeks n no reply from company only that docs were forwarded to MoHE. How long will it takes?

Don;'t really know about the MoHE procedures, however for obtaining the work visa, the original documents are must. Normally, employers send the visit / express visa to the newly employeed people and once they arrive at Oman, the visa is converted into work permit. You need to check with your employer about it.

Regards,

Thanks Schaz for the reply. MoHE clearance are needed for the acedamic jobs such as Lecturer in colleges and universities. They did asked for docs first but later they didn't. they might get me express visa as they want me there by 15th Feb. I will wait for their reply..

Thanks,
Generally how many days it will take to complete VISA processing.

Hay do you, whether getting degree attested from Oman Embassy in your local country is must required or, or it can be attested by ministry of Forign Affair of your country and locally here you countries Embassy and then Oman Consulate here in Oman will be enough.  Since i want to get my Visa process done before 1 July, i want to skip oman embassy attestation time in my country. if its not must i may not go for it.

Any one have any idea about it . where all from which bodies this attestation is must required?

i am working in uae, may company transferring me to our oman branch, i have only high school certificate is there any problem.

My name is rasheed