POSSIBLE HANGOUT FRIENDS?

Hey people,

Hoping to find a few people male or female to share coffee or dinner with or even go do something new like horse riding or archery!! OR even just a movie. Do I sound desperate or what? :o Not really, just don't like hanging out with people from work....lol

Anyway, haven't found any social clubs etc just the famous brit club, but would like to go elsewhere.

Not the right forum but also looking for language classes for arabic and farsi if anyone knows.

Thanks!!

Hi Rosie1 and Welcome to the Forum :)

If you are looking for people to hangout with, I'm sure if you look around you will find many of them ;)

But if you are selective and looking for like-minded people, it might take you some time but its not difficult.

I think after your post, your inbox will be full of friends invitations to choose from and you won't feel lonely anymore :)

All the best and keep us posted on how it goes ;)

Cheers,

Hello, Rosie.

Welcome to Expat.com.
I sent you a PM.

Zara.

Deleted-Soul wrote:

Hello, Rosie.

Welcome to Expat.com.
I sent you a PM.

Zara.

Deleted-Soul as always taking the initiative :one

Rosie1, Here you go, count the first friend :cheers:

;)

Rosie1, See!!! you get the friend and I get the wink .... Lucky you :lol:

Thanks for the wink Deleted-Soul :)

Lol. She is looking for friends; that's why I PM'd her.
You seem to be all set, Vido.

Deleted-Soul wrote:

You seem to be all set, Vido.

Always ;):lol::joking:

Wow, thank you! I am in the middle of traveling so will contact as soon as I get home x

rosie1 wrote:

Wow, thank you! I am in the middle of traveling so will contact as soon as I get home x

Replied. XxxX

Deleted-Soul wrote:

Replied. XxxX

Congrats :lol::cheers:

Horse back riding sounds like fun!  Where can you do that here in Bahrain?

Hi,
Im American from Arab background...Am here in Bah for work and stay w my familly...
I'm looking for similaire friends and also I can help you w Arabic too...I'll look forward to hear from you...
Take care...
SS

I'm in a similar situation :(

Hi Rosie! how r u? u can count me as new friend and we can have a coffee or dinner in quiet place and good atmosphere. i can teach u arabic and farsi language as u like.

That's very kind of you! Everyone has been so friendly and sweet, I am so glad I came to this site! I will fly back Thursday so I hope to talk to some of you more very soon! 

I had an idea, how about we all get together one day/evening as a social? There seems to be plenty of us that wouldn't mind making new acquaintances/friends here...if your all interested let me know and we can set something up!

That just sound like a plan, Rosie!

Thats really nice idea,Rosie. so when would u like to get together as social in the evening? do u like to have some fun play activity like bowling or billiard or amusemnt park? or u want to have coffee or dinner in restaurant? or both as u like Rosie?

I'm new here so give me a day or two to research and see what's going on in town, it's a holiday now, right? So I'll get back to you!

Welcome back Rosie..!

No problem Rosie! u can take ur time and whenever u decided when we can meet up so let us know

Ok, did not sleep a wink last night due to jet lag...tired..found one thing so far here, Shakoora Riding Centre (17 591 103) , I can call and find out what the deal is and let you all know?! Hopefully tomorrow. I say what the heck lets just do it! Note: I err only rid a horse once, and it took me for a ride, so just letting you know I'm not a professional. lol

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been replying or calling, I had a busy last two weeks and I caught a cold but I am 100% back to normal now! LOL

I think everyone has been very friendly and offering numbers etc to meet for coffee, would we all like to meet on one Friday afternoon? Or saturday evening? Just so we can see where we all stand and get to know each other and discuss things to do for the future?

I wouldn't say I would normally blind date friendship (if that's even correct way to say it) but it's probably the most comfortable and safe way to do it initially. What do you think? I think Juffair would be good as it seems to be full of places!

I will be at the Dome coffee shop at 530 on Thursday and hopefully some of you will show:)

hi Rosie!

well honestly i cant meet u in Dome coffee shop on Thurs afternoon at 5:30 cuz i will be busy on that time but we can meet up on friday afternoon or saturday morning as it will be my pleasure to meet u and everyone who gets social gathering with u

Please push it to the weekend Rosie so I can make it. Thanks.

Great the last post didn't post.....ok quick post, I guess its easier for us to meet tomorrow? Friday 530? How is that? Sorry this is late but I didn't get the response notification until 20 minutes ago. Hope to see you tomorrow?! Let me know if you guys can't make it, I'll be there anyway having a coffee I think

I've promised kids to take them to movies.. If I managed to drop them home early enough, I'll be there..cheers.

rosie1 wrote:

Great the last post didn't post.....ok quick post, I guess its easier for us to meet tomorrow? Friday 530? How is that? Sorry this is late but I didn't get the response notification until 20 minutes ago. Hope to see you tomorrow?! Let me know if you guys can't make it, I'll be there anyway having a coffee I think

I'm up for it :)

Also, if you are available next Thursday, do not forget to sign in for the gathering organized by Jo.; loads of people will be coming and you will have the opportunity to meet great people.

Do not miss the fun ;)

VidoDido wrote:
rosie1 wrote:

Also, if you are available next Thursday, do not forget to sign in for the gathering organized by Jo.; loads of people will be coming and you will have the opportunity to meet great people.

Do not miss the fun ;)

Thanks for that Vido, also for the people who asked on your post, the Dilmun has a fantastic stables so people could meet there to go on hacks together after meeting at the event.

hi Rosie! i just want u to confirm that we can meet u tmw fri at 5:30 in Dome Coffee shop right?

thx

Yes, the dome coffee shop.  Bring your ideas!

Lulu

I wouldn't mind going to the movies, not exactly a talking place but I just haven't seen James Bond yet, lol

Josnuggles wrote:
VidoDido wrote:
rosie1 wrote:

Do not miss the fun ;)

Thanks for that Vido, also for the people who asked on your post, the Dilmun has a fantastic stables so people could meet there to go on hacks together after meeting at the event.

Umm kind of get the feeling that we never actually spoke on this blog and tried to help people out..............

alright Rosie! i will meet u in Dome coffee shop tmw so lets get social and we will bring program ideas

Rosie, I definelty want to see Bond film.. Soon.

sooo no one came..maybe at the next event the 15th right?

rosie1 wrote:

I'm sure if you were sitting alone, you wouldn't be missed ;)

hey Rosie! im really sorry alot i couldnt come to meet u in Dome coffee shop today cuz i was very busy with my family gathering so how abt if we can meet up next time in next friday 16 nov?

Sure no problem, next week is fine

rosie1 wrote:

Your name has to be on the list before you can get in

Closed