Fiancee Visa

Base from experience, the embassy sent me an e-mail.I didn't get any phone call from them.So you better check your mail regularly. :)

"Have you been in norway?are you already married with him?if that happen,yes of course you have fast result."

I've never been to Norway.It's my first time to apply for a visa and I and my bf are not yet married.We're just planning to get married when I get to Norway.

AHH,you are lucky,are you married with him yet.

I just can say ,its a bit unfair.i have been in norway on a tourist visa before i have applied a fiancee visa on last oct.2013 and until now still waiting for my visa.

wow,you are lucky.we dont know even myself,i dont know when my visa,i been waiting now for 3 months.

thank you for your replies everyone, we called the police to inquire about the schedule because the available sched in UDI is beyond the validity of my tourist visa. the good thing is they are allowing me to apply from here since in the alternative situation i am a skilled worker, they also allowed me to stay beyond my 90 days to hand in my application provided that it's still within the validity of my visa.

now our problem is that the sched in udi continually changes and the available slot is on the 28 which is the last day of my visa's validity. i hope we find a way, if not then i would have to come home and undergo the process of waiting for some months for the fiance visa in manila

ECS wrote:
stephy25 wrote:

Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone here have encountered the situation i'm in, i'm currently in Norway on a tourist visa to visit my boyfriend and yesterday he proposed. Are we able to apply for an engagement/fiance permit without me needing to go home? i mean we have all the necessary documents needed, we just wanna know if it's possible to change my visa while i'm here, if anyone has experienced this please share what you did. thank you very much in advance, we would really appreciate your response. have a nice day everyone.

have you tried the immigration website? It has a step-by-step questionnaire that helps you figure out what kind of application process suits you. I tried it with some guesswork based on your situation, and the result I got was that you cannot apply from inside Norway. Given that I don't know the exact details of your situation this might not be entirely correct so it's best to try yourself. Here's what I guessed:

http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/fami … -nordic-ci

at the bottom it says, "It is not possible for you to hand in your application in Norway. You must apply at an embassy abroad."

my alternative is being a skilled worker and the tourist visa is one form of legally staying in norway. now the only problem we have is the schedule of appointment that isnt suitable for the validity of  my tourist visa coz the available slots keep moving.

hello early bird,Do you have facebook account?Can i add you there.thanks

Klem

Ludz

i've sent you a private messages.

hi how are you evreyone im man from tunisia and i have my fiance in norway i need help how can we be togather bcz we dont know what to do about the peper if you know that pleas help us fore to be togather

pleas can you help me fore what i need fore to aplay fore fiance visa ????

kaisounnnnn wrote:

As your fiance is in Norway get her to look into the paperwork you need. Or contact your nearest Norwegian Embassy.

Hi there is there anyone who applied for a fiance permit December 2013 who has already got a response from UDI? I did and am still waiting...

kaisounnnnn wrote:

You will see everything you need at udi.no :)

Hi :-)

I also applied Dec 2013. Have you got a response yet?

You can visit the Norwegian Embassy website for more info or ask your Fiance about it.I'm sure he know what to do cause he can ask the registry office about it..

we were able to hand in the application today at the politi here in trondheim, at first the officer said that my application might get denied right away if the UDI see that im on a tourist visa so we got nervous then she continued saying "but if you are a skilled worker" so i said yes and handed her my transcripts and other requirements for being a skilled worker so now me and my fiancé will be waiting for the result here in trondheim. i hope all of us applicants here gets good results.

After 9months ,im still waiting the UDI's decision for my visa :/ .any here got thier visa already?

just follow up always,..

Hello maam may itatanong mo sana ako yung papers ko sa fiance na i forward na raw sa directorate. Ilang buwan pa ako mag hihintay.tnx denise

the fiancee visa is 6 months,but sometimes it takes 6 to 9 months,

Thanks maam

hello,you did apply fiancee visa?if you dont mind,do you have fb?we will talk there,thanks,we are the same waiting for the result.

Here is my fb daisy denise lagura

Yes i did!and tapys n po nong may 24 pa at june 17 nakatanggap yubg fiance ko ng email na under process pa raw.

stephy25 wrote:

we were able to hand in the application today at the politi here in trondheim, at first the officer said that my application might get denied right away if the UDI see that im on a tourist visa so we got nervous then she continued saying "but if you are a skilled worker" so i said yes and handed her my transcripts and other requirements for being a skilled worker so now me and my fiancé will be waiting for the result here in trondheim. i hope all of us applicants here gets good results.

hi stephy..

what documents did they ask to prove ur a skilled worker? TOR, diploma, certificate of employment? and the documents u provided, are they red-ribboned or not? so before u went there, i assume u got NSO birthcerts and CENOMAR red ribboned by the DFA, right? coz u need them to get married.

my bf and i are planning the same route.. coz waiting 9mos for a fiancée permit sounds inhumane for a couple who can only be away frm each other for so long hahaha

i hope u can post updates here, it would be really helpful.. thanks and all the best :)

yes TOR, Diploma, board certificate for nursing license, cert of employment not red ribboned they didnt ask i just handed them the original and they made a certified copy.

i had my cenomar, birth cert sent to me by my mom yes they are red ribboned. pm me if u have more questions I'd be happy to help.

stephy25 wrote:

yes TOR, Diploma, board certificate for nursing license, cert of employment not red ribboned they didnt ask i just handed them the original and they made a certified copy.

i had my cenomar, birth cert sent to me by my mom yes they are red ribboned. pm me if u have more questions I'd be happy to help.

thanks for the reply stephy :)

I was planning to red ribbon my TOR and COEs, but i guess its not necessary.. thanks for the advice, saved me some dough, lol.!!

btw, the NSO documents, they were just red ribboned, right? u didnt have to get them stamped by the norwegian embassy here in the philippines? and also, did the politi took the original NSO documents?

i was also worried about the red ribboning of my TOR and other educational papers coz i dont have time to get them because our schedule at the politi was just less than 20 days left on my visa luckily they never questioned any of the papers.

when u apply here the when the officer sees ur tourist visa she'll say "oh ur on a tourist visa, are u aware that u can get rejected right away coz we dont allow this?" just relax and answer then let her continue coz she will say "unless u are a skilled worker" and that's when she'll ask for ur credentials.

there's also another girl im chatting here with that did this tourist to fiancé visa and we are both waiting for a good result. i hope we all get really lucky to be approved

only the cenomar and the birth cert are red ribboned. no stamp anywhere else it was directly sent to me by my mom.

berai wrote:

After 9months ,im still waiting the UDI's decision for my visa :/ .any here got thier visa already?

Hi Berai :-)

Have you got a response from UDI yet?

Hi gatindi.....unfortunately I haven't got my visa yet,it will be 11 months on next week .my fiancée send an email to udi and got the response last week and stated there that they submitted my application to the follo police district .my fiancée is now waiting for the time slot to be interview to the follo police district .

visa is it depends to your sponsor papers

earlybird wrote:

Base from experience, the embassy sent me an e-mail.I didn't get any phone call from them.So you better check your mail regularly. :)

Hi

Will they send to me, or my sponsor in Norway?

berai wrote:

Hi gatindi.....unfortunately I haven't got my visa yet,it will be 11 months on next week .my fiancée send an email to udi and got the response last week and stated there that they submitted my application to the follo police district .my fiancée is now waiting for the time slot to be interview to the follo police district .

It will surely come, good thing is that your application is already being processed. I  will  update you when I hear from UDI. Best of wishes.

Hopefullly we'll  get a good result soon..I'll keep you update as well...

gatindi wrote:

Hi

Will they send to me, or my sponsor in Norway?

They inform the applicant, not the sponsor.. so its the email address you wrote down on your application form.

Hi, just want to know if anyone here submit an application last march 2014, got their visa already? How to know if the UDI processed your application already? Next month will be the 6 month from my application.. My fiancee is planning to call the UDI on the 6th month if they will not give us any feedback.. Appreciate any information here.. Thanks!

The embassy will send the email to you.

Apparently it's not 6 months anymore, it's 9 months.

I've been waiting since January 2014, but there have been people waiting for longer.. (Most people wait between 8 - 11 months, from what I've read..)

Hi Willow,

Your right that its not six months anymore. It just feels so frustrating when you know that they change the processing period. My fiancee called the UDI yesterday regarding our application and he was been told that it will take 9-12 months and probably more. Then he was upset about it. What he had known before about the government staff makes him realize that what they had said about them is true, that they are always having their coffee break and that they are working slowly like they don't care. I just wish that they will not experience our situation. My fiancee asked the lady in the UDI that if thats the case processing time then he should have let me get a tourist visa and get married instead, and the Lady did not said that is not allowed to do like that, instead "she just said that it is too late already to do that because you have applied already for fiancee permit and all you can do is to wait."

My question is why it takes this much time to process a fiancee permit when it is only a 6 months visa. It is not the same as the family reunification or a citizenship that you have to wait for long time. After this much of waiting for fiancee permit then after marriage, we have to wait again for another 1 year for family reunification. Why they are making it so hard for the citizen of Norway to get married with other nationality. I just hope they don't experience the situation we are having now. How it is to feel that you are away with your love one for that period of time and it is not easy. I do understand their law or rules in their country but they have also to understand our situation. It is not fair that we apply for the permit they told us to wait for 6-8months then on the six month they will tell us that they change already the processing time. They should have inform us prior to our application so that we will know if it is okay for us to wait that much period of time or we have to do an alternative. I just hope that the government of Norway knows what we feel and that they have to do something about it. We are following their procedures and we are aware of the processing time but they should have give us correct information about it and if they are not sure how much time it will take for each visa then they should not let us expect on that period of time.