Job offer in oil and gas business

Hi folks.

I am living in Aberdeen and looking forward to apply in the next future for MM2H
A friend of mine is working here in the oil business and making good money.
He was approached by his boss if he would like to take the opportunity to move to KL.
He has never been to work or live abroad.
He knows that I have been a few times in Malaysia and that I am considering to move to KL.
His offer is:
Net salary (after taxes) of £60,000pa
Paying to ship his belongings to KL
Paying his rent in a luxury condo near KLCC

He is in his mid 30s, married and a young child, pre-school age.
There are no other packages available like paying for school fees, maid, car etc.
I think they will pay for healthcare as well/

He could register himself and ask some questions but he left it to me to do so.

I told him that it is quite a decent offer and that he has nothing to loose.

thanks for your input. He just wants some reassurance as he never lived or worked abroad and it's not easy to leave his job, friends and family in Scotland behind.
I would take the next flight and enjoy this offer:D

Hello caipirinha65.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to go through the other threads on the Kuala Lumpur forum. It can help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Sounds good but, depends if he is earning 120k GBP in UK then obviously not. But if similar then good especially as costs being met - ie a traditional expat package.

How many years of work experiences that your friend have? And what position that he'll got? Since I work in oil&gas maybe I can give an input.

Hello,

After read that you know about the oil and gas company in KL. Wish to ask about an internship there. I'm preparing my bachelor in chemical and i' m seeking for 2 months internship. Do you think they can accept foreign students?? If so how can i do to apply. Will you please help by any advice?? Thank you very much in advance. Kawthar

Hi kawthar.bouda  - you can try it can't hurt! However do note that Petronas the big boy in Malaysia funds local students through Pr-U programs to send abroad and these are tied in for 10 years to work for Petronas post degree. They sponsor a lot and these get first pref for any internships - as they have to do them! They are trying to stop using foriegners (expensive/overpaid/complain a lot lol). Still worth asking however - if unpaid they might go for it.

Thx a lot nemodot for your advice ...think i ll give it a try...wish i can be accepted in KL or in any other country in Asia. Korea, China, Japan or even India...i m really keen of Asia and all their culture.

Thx again
KB

Thank you Nemodot. The school tuition fees are very expensive considering I have two kids. I may have to spend big part of the offered salary in schooling alone. BTW, can my wife find a job there even if I am the one who has an offer?

Hi if you cant afford the school fees they are underpaying you and better off back home.

Good oil and gas cintracts include school fees and accom but maybe with oil price slump there are cutbacks.

Most expat spouses dont work as hard to get jobs.