I'm new in Java

Hi all! I'm new in Java. I am darmasiswa student and I live at jakarta' s outskirts which is not precisely fancy. I study culinary during the week until thursday and have a long weekend and i don't want to spend it at school what nice places should i visit, and what about the prices for a student's budget.? Thank u very much!

Hi lucecilla,

Your post has been moved to the Java English speaking forum for better interaction with the other members.

Best,
Julie

Where you go depends more on what sort of stuff you like and how you're willing to get there, than how much you'll spend.

Jakarta has its interesting places, I wandered around Taman mini only last week but you can travel anywhere in Java for Rp cheap if you use a bus.

Lebak bulus to Wonosobo takes about 8 or so hours and will set you  back less than Rp100,000 each way.
Air con and nice. Non AC can be as cheap as Rp35,000 each way but they're pretty horrible.
Small, non AC hotels in that area start at Rp50,000/night, pay Rp80,000 and you'll get a reasonable place. You don't need AC up there anyway.
The story repeats for most of Java but you'll need AC rooms in most of it if you want to sleep. Some have big fans and are fine.

Hi lucecilla,

Following what mas fred are saying, there's a lot of good places with minimum budget. Especially when u like backpaking :) last august I only spend like 3 million for 3 days in bali

where you from anyway? are you studying in jakarta ?