Desperate for work.

Hello to all,

Been living in Liege for 2 months now and absoulately loving it. Still trying to find work though and have broadened my search to Brussels and other close by areas/countries. Have applied for varies jobs but no-one seems to be biting. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knew of any current vacancies, whether it be part-time or full-time, either in Liege or outwith. Happy to travel to work, just need to get my foot in the door. I know that being a native English speaker in a French area doesn't help but surely someone must know some secrets!

Any advice, help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig.

Hello Craig.

Have you tried to post an advert in the Jobs in Liège section? It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

i say this all the time cleaning agentcies

Thanks

What was your job back in Scotland Craig?

Afternoon Becki,

I've had a few jobs to be honest, my most recent was a Rental Agent. I've worked in Retail for a good number of years and managed to work my way upto management level. I also have a BA Honours in Human Resource Management with Law.

Still a nightmare to try and find something out here, espically when I don't speak fluent French.

I believe you have met my girlfriend Charlotte and are meeting this weekend? How are things now for you, any better?

Ok cool, well I work in the film biz, that's why I'm here. Have a look and see what production companies you can find, I know there's a few in Brussels. I work at a company called Nozon In Liege (branches also in Brussels and Paris), and people there speak English because it's an international business (most if it begins in Hollywood)- everyone has worked everywhere so English is spoken in most production houses globally. There's nothing going where I am right now (I wish i could offer you something!), the only reason i got pulled from the UK is because I have really niche skills (theres only three of us in the UK) BUT film and production houses often need production co-ordinators. And I cannot see that speaking English would be a problem for companies like that. There are quite a few creative jobs around Liege, the only thing is i'm not sure what qualifications you'd need. Sorry i can't help further but seeing as you've had managerial positions you're obviously good at leading - this industry needs strong leaders. Worth a look perhaps? It's fast paced and stressful but good money, and you might be able to find something. I'll keep my eye out for you.

I haven't met Charlotte yet, i freaked out on Sunday cause i got badgered by some homeless people and didn't feel safe! lol! We're meeting this week for a couple of Jupilers i think, you should come along too, the more the merrier!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Your line of work seems really interesting. I will have a look at production companies in Brussels to see what is avaliable. Thank you for your input!

I've got family to Skype later on in the afternoon on Sunday as its my grans birthday, but hopefully ill be able to pop down for a few.

Have a good day. See you Sunday

Customer Service in Brussels/Call centure for UK, or Irish Pubs.

Hi! My nameŽs Sara. IŽm planning to go to liège to work.
Can you give me some advises please? I donŽt know if would be easy. I speak english and Spanish but just a bit of French.
Thank you for your help! Good Luuuck!
Sara.

I will say this...open your mind...get creative, hit the pavement.

Agencies here won't specialize for English...so think of yourself as unemployed.  I know you'r enot...I know you're talented, but as far as their concerned, your best chance for work, in unskilled, basic work.  Labour/Retail/Restaurants (specialty) etc.

I've been getting snipits here and there...but seriously tough!

Lucky I cant even get jobs in retail and restaurants lol

ya but it is Antwerp....2 hours commute....and I bet it'll be under 1400€ a month...

I was originally hoping to get 3600€, but that's in my profession...this is a stater job, with starter pay...but it'll buy me time in Belgium, with my partner...

3600 is a little high unless u have years and year experince I just hope my partner gets a good job he is belgium and speaks 3 langs well plus german and latin

Hi Becki, just sent an email to Nozon and I believe received and auto-reply from Carmen who was away from the office. I am interested to find out if there are any opportunities with your company. I have many years of branding/marketing/business development but I am happy even to get a job as a coordinator. I will be moving to the area by end of June. I think I would just die if I dont work having worked all my life. Basic French but lots of project management experience.