Cost of living

I am motivating my self to accept a job offer in Almaty. I am being offered USD 3200/- Per month plus residence rental approx USD 2500 for self and family.we are four member family (1+3). Will I  be making reasonable living in Almaty at this price . Please guide me...

Hi and welcome to the forum  moudgil_rajesh !

Do you have any specific questions?

Regards
Armand

I am being offered USD 3200/- Per month plus residence rental approx USD 2500 for self and family.we are four member family (1+3). Will I  be making reasonable living in Almaty at this price . Please guide me...

Dear Rajesh
I think that you will be able to get a good apartment for $2500, that is about the going rate for an apartment of 120m2. I suggest checking the real estate websites of Almaty to get a better indication of what you will get for that amount, however, I think it is a reasonably amount for apartments in Almaty.
International schools are expensive and food and eating out is relatively expensive to other Asian countries. I am sure if you do not live extravagantly you will be able to put some money away a month.

welcome to KZ

Housing in ALA is on the higher end but you should be able to find somethng at that price including all your utilities.  Much would depend on where you want to live and how big a space you're willing to tolerate.

If your kids are really little you can get by with local daycare/kindergarten, which isn't too expensive.  If they are more school age, then, yes, international schools run a little over $10K/year so times x2 with a discount, you're probably looking at $18K just for schooling.  That alone will eat about half of your $3K monthly income.

If you're looking at LOTS of kartoshkas (potatoes) and sitting at home watching TV or you plan on leaving the family in their home country while you come out, it doesn't sound like that great a deal.

[Moderated:  :offtopic: ]