Tax consultant

Have you ever used a tax consultant in Vietnam? Any advice on whom best to contact? Thanks and best of luck Bi

Hello, I too am looking for a vietnamese tax consultant. Did you ever locate one?
J

Hello Jam T. :)

Just to note that this thread is old (2010). You should start a new thread on the Vietnam forum for more visibility.

You can take a look at this page as well : Tax advisors in Vietnam.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks so much...will do!

@Jam T:
Those companies listed on Tax advisors in Vietnam are NOT for you, they are for large businesses.

What are your needs? VN Tax? Spanish Tax?

I use a retired VN tax man for my accounts - never had a problem, for some reason. But he is in the south.

Hello Jaitch!

Thank you for your reply. You have saved me a lot of time by telling me that those companies are for big businesses only.

I need advice about VN tax only. I am trying to find out what exactly constitutes being a resident as far as tax is concerned as that affects the income tax rate and other taxes.

I am moving south soon anyway, perhaps your retired tax man would be interested in more business? Does he speak (or write) English? If so, would you be so kind as to pass on his details?

Many thanks!
Jam

Jam T wrote:

Hello Jaitch!

Thank you for your reply. You have saved me a lot of time by telling me that those companies are for big businesses only.

I need advice about VN tax only. I am trying to find out what exactly constitutes being a resident as far as tax is concerned as that affects the income tax rate and other taxes.

I am moving south soon anyway, perhaps your retired tax man would be interested in more business? Does he speak (or write) English? Jam

Foreigners liability to tax is tied to a Work Permit or Business Registration.

If you are working for an entity, go visit their accounting or Human Resources departments for guidance.

If your income is less formal, i.e. instructing English, I suspect most don't pay taxes unless their employers deduct at source. Many Vietnamese employers pay cash  no benefits, no tax, no nothing - to employees.

Likely your needs can be satisfied using a bookkeeper. My non-English speaking accountant just ensures that no inspectors will check the books and the Labour Department, with it's weird rules, and avoid fines.

There are posts in this forum discussing payment of taxes. (Use the search feature) I have to pay taxes to four countries, three of which expect to take a cut from overseas income. My position is they can be happy with taxing what I earn in their jurisdiction. Only.

Many businesses have the threat of losing operating licences against non-payment of taxes (especially hotels). I, and my wife, make payment of taxes a priority - as do many Foreign-owned companies. Leaves the tax inspectors free to hassle the VNese!